Proposal: Stone (extended) for Lucic + Pulj + Yamamoto + 1st 2019

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
haha @ at this assumption.
1st is probably the cost and that too top 5/ lottery protected.

Lucic's 2019 production is already double what he scored all in 2018 so Oilers can tolerate him for a bit longer.

Also, Oilers 1st is not the same as a 1st+ that OTT will eventually get from a contender.

This is just fantasy talk.. OTT will end up with a late 1st + decent prospect + current NHLer with high'ish cap for Stone IMO.

I suspect it you polled every NHL team fanbase, I'll bet you wouldn't find that most teams would accept Lucic+1st+Yamamoto for 7th deal. The problem with a deal like that you have to assume that Lucic is going to get worse as the contract goes along rather than better. Current contending teams don't want that deal as they need the salary cap space. Current rebuilding teams don't want the deal as they likely want to be contenders during the course of the contract. Budget teams with tons of capspace don't want the contract as it's a lot of real $$$.

I also wouldn't expect the Oilers to offer that deal at this point either to be fair, since they don't currently need the space and can't really afford to give up a bunch of future assets.

Lucic is going to be an Oiler for the foreseeable future, and they'll hope that he plays more like his last few weeks than the last few years.

Reactions: go4hockey

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
As a Flames fan, I don’t think the Oilers do it. There’s a lot of value in the 2019 1st.

Reactions: Chabot84

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Klefbom+Spooner+2020 1st
For Stone extended
Come on Sens, defcon Klefbom is on a sweetheart deal, would really bolster your d-Corp moving forward, Spooner sucks chowder through a small caliber straw, but he can be buried in the minors for the last year of his contract, and a first is a first.
If that doesn’t get yer motor running.... what do you want for Drake Batherson?

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Klefbom+Spooner+2020 1st
For Stone extended
Come on Sens, defcon Klefbom is on a sweetheart deal, would really bolster your d-Corp moving forward, Spooner sucks chowder through a small caliber straw, but he can be buried in the minors for the last year of his contract, and a first is a first.

Klefbom + Spooner + Pulj + 1st 2019 unprotected

for

Stone (extended) + Dzingle

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Klefbom + Spooner + Pulj + 1st 2019 unprotected

for

Stone (extended) + Dzingle
Can't be done. There is a thing called a salary cap. The Oilers cannot afford Stone or what his contract will be. And no, nobody is taking all of their bad contracts on to give them cap space.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Klefbom+Spooner+2020 1st
For Stone extended

Spooner is dead weight no value in fact i dont think it gets it done non extended let alone extended.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Can't be done. There is a thing called a salary cap. The Oilers cannot afford Stone or what his contract will be. And no, nobody is taking all of their bad contracts on to give them cap space.

Yeah I thought Klefbom was getting paid a lot more... this doesnt work at all haha.. but im here for the deal posted at the top.

But yeah Klefbom.. I don't know what his injury is.. but if hes expected to come back and do his thing then YES.. I would take Klefbom as a center piece in a deal for stone.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Spooner is dead weight no value in fact i dont think it gets it done non extended let alone extended.
Righttt..
Oilers best Dman plus a high first plus cap for a pending UFA.
Great insight

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Stone (extended) for Lucic + Pulj + Yamamoto + 1st 2019

We need a third team though; Sens retain on Lucic and send him to a third team for an asset.

Who's the third team?

Ottawa makes out like a bandit here... Oilers get Stone and the third team can have Lucic retained to add some grit to their third line or something.

Discuss.

EDIT: Lucic has full NMC so he has to agree and choose where he is going...

Hell no.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I dont put much stock in you defense so.. its a high first to me.
Sure, then swap Klefbom for Russell or OTT can take back Sekera. OTT's defense isnt much better than Edmontons so no need for taking shots.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Sure, then swap Klefbom for Russell or OTT can take back Sekera. OTT's defense isnt much better than Edmontons so no need for taking shots.

Edmonton is NOT trading Klefbom…. lol no worries. Obviously Ottawa jumps at a trade around Klefbom for Stone.. it isn't happening.

The point of this trade is to make Edmonton better and give the sens some future.. its supposed to work for both teams.

I just bought a Klefbom jersey. That's what I wear to the Edmonton games when I go. Unless they are playing the Sens then I wear my Stone jersey... #$@! brutal eh? Stone for Klefbomb? lol

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I gather that the presumption here is that Stone has no brain and wants to cripple his new team by doing a sign and trade so as to put assets in Ottawa's coffers? I gather he loves Ottawa's owner?

Stone sure is stupid.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Theres no shots I'm not saying we have world beaters here. CECI will be underwhelming but i dont think we can move our 2 best forwards for defense litterally our only top 6 forwsrds left will be tkatchuk and dzingel and not one tod line forward will exist here.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

I dont think they are targeting defenseman but the trash your offering only furthers my point.

Edit: lol it quoted wrong post.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Theres no shots I'm not saying we have world beaters here. CECI will be underwhelming but i dont think we can move our 2 best forwards for defense litterally our only top 6 forwsrds left will be tkatchuk and dzingel and not one tod line forward will exist here.

Ottawa needs to get the best assets possible for Stone.. if Edmonton was dumb enough to give us a package around Klefbom that worked for Stone.. its definitely gonna be up there competing with other packages offered.. Making it work with cap is another story all together.

If you really want to make a splash and give Edmonton a top six right now there is another trade:

RNH + Lucic + Yamamoto + 1st 2019 unprotected (wont matter Edmonton makes playoffs here)

for

Stone + Dzingle + Bobby Ryan

No third team needed. Gives Edmonton 3 wingers that can produce at the expense of RNH. Build your Oilers line up looks good IMO and the cap is gonna be close.. this is just a base.

If Lucic wont waive for Ottawa.. let him choose his team and Ottawa will retain on Lucic.. might have to upgrade Yam for Pulj…

With Drai and Mcdavid that's 5 players for your top six...

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Exactly, for starters

1) Not sure Lucic has any value at 50% RETAINED.
2) If EDM retains on Lucic they still have about 69 M committerd to 13 players , add Stone at $9M that takes them to $77-78M for 14 guys with at best $6M to pay 8 or 9 other guys.
3) If Stone won't extend in Ottawa- I doubt he can be convinced to forgo UFA satus to go to EDM

Pretty much from what I saw the funniest things were:

1) Assuming Ott has the ability to resign them, or that he would agree to do so in Edm
2) That Edm would be trading for a rental
3)That the return is anywhere close to enough
4) That Ott would agree to take on Lucic as a massive dump who is there to begin with, both in terms of value and in terms of financial commitment to Ott of all teams.

Its just all around shinanigans

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Ottawa needs to get the best assets possible for Stone.. if Edmonton was dumb enough to give us a package around Klefbom that worked for Stone.. its definitely gonna be up there competing with other packages offered.. Making it work with cap is another story all together.

If you really want to make a splash and give Edmonton a top six right now there is another trade:

RNH + Lucic + Yamamoto + 1st 2019 unprotected (wont matter Edmonton makes playoffs here)

for

Stone + Dzingle + Bobby Ryan

No third team needed. Gives Edmonton 3 wingers that can produce at the expense of RNH. Build your Oilers line up looks good IMO and the cap is gonna be close.. this is just a base.

If Lucic wont waive for Ottawa.. let him choose his team and Ottawa will retain on Lucic.. might have to upgrade Yam for Pulj…

IDk its not terrible. I think im just pissed were gonna botch this bad.

Mar 26, 2010
So, a cap dump and a few spare parts for Stone. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad