Proposal: STL (Schwartz) / NYI

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I guess hypothetically a team could even lose its "best" player and drastically improve.

Naaah, never happen....

Yeah, this subforum is more for slightly unrealistic things, not this weird, out-there sci-fi stuff you're throwing out there....

Reactions: doublechili

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Ladd has been bad since he left Winnipeg. Jaden Schwartz is pacing at Andrew Ladds 3rd best career season. You are comparing apples to oranges here. I cannot comment on Ladds effect on a game in transition defensively. But I can say Schwartz’s is extremely good, even this year. He just can’t score a goal.

God, why do people think that when you bring up a name it's an instant comparison. They don't teach reading comprehension like they used to. I'm comparing the rationale of judging players by only their past, and not taking the present into account. Those who think Jaden Schwartz is a beast, are ignoring his current production. Those who think he is a waste of space are ignoring his past. Neither represent the whole picture, I just brought up Ladd to show the faulty thinking.

Instead I get the mental midgets on here , "Oh my god you are comparing Ladd to Schwartz!!! like, eye roll emoji man".

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
There is no freaking decline he is 25 just came off 59 points in 62 games. There is no guarantee belleviour hits 40 points let alone 60. So thanks but no thanks.

Sure, it's possible. But let's not act like it hasn't happened before. Look at the struggles Lehner and your own Patrick Berglund had. Who knows what is going on with Schwartz, but let's also not act like 3 goals is a "slight decline in production".

As far as Beauvillier is concerned you are absolutely right. No guarantee at all. Both players are a gamble, so no reason to trade them. If you can honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me it's more likely that Beauvillier doesn't reach 40 points than it is Jaden Schwartz gets 60 again (and I mean 60 points, not on pace since he doesn't appear to make it through a full NHL season that often these days) then I don't know what to tell you. I can admit they are both unknowns, but who is the homer here?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Sure, it's possible. But let's not act like it hasn't happened before. Look at the struggles Lehner and your own Patrick Berglund had. Who knows what is going on with Schwartz, but let's also not act like 3 goals is a "slight decline in production".

As far as Beauvillier is concerned you are absolutely right. No guarantee at all. Both players are a gamble, so no reason to trade them. If you can honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me it's more likely that Beauvillier doesn't reach 40 points than it is Jaden Schwartz gets 60 again (and I mean 60 points, not on pace since he doesn't appear to make it through a full NHL season that often these days) then I don't know what to tell you. I can admit they are both unknowns, but who is the homer here?
You are on point. Beauvillier is definitely a 40 point guy. I'm losing faith that Jaden Schwartz will ever stay healthy enough to play a full season. When healthy, he is a top line guy. Can he stay healthy enough to be a top line guy? Which isn't often enough to keep your hopes up to keep relying on him. I'm to the point of moving him before he becomes Alexander Steen.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
God, why do people think that when you bring up a name it's an instant comparison. They don't teach reading comprehension like they used to. I'm comparing the rationale of judging players by only their past, and not taking the present into account. Those who think Jaden Schwartz is a beast, are ignoring his current production. Those who think he is a waste of space are ignoring his past. Neither represent the whole picture, I just brought up Ladd to show the faulty thinking.

Instead I get the mental midgets on here , "Oh my god you are comparing Ladd to Schwartz!!! like, eye roll emoji man".

GentleWelloffFinwhale-size_restricted.gif

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If the past defines a player are you guys interested in Andrew Ladd? See how that works?

My notion has nothing to do with defining at all. Your notion that 3 goals from a guy like Schwartz is just bad shooting luck is the laughable thing. You should get 3 or 4 goals alone by being in the right spot getting deflections and the puck bouncing off of you. The point is, you are guessing this is an off year and he'll be back to new next season, I'm not actually guessing at all. I'm taking the actual evidence and stating that I'm not going to gamble on somebody that's not producing as much as they should be, not matter what the circumstances. I'm keep the guy that has a friendship and chemistry with our number 1 star, and you can do the same.

For the record, I'm not saying the Blues should make the trade either. Give him another year and if it turns out this is actually decline you could probably still get similar value in a trade from someone who still believes in him. I'm guessing his trade value can only go up at this point...

Because when you say something like this it gets taken as you’re comparing Outliers in the complete opposite. Ladd was generally a 40-50 point player outside of 2-3 outlier years. Schwartz’s outlier year is this year. I don’t understand what is so hard to comprehend about that.

Is there cause for concern? Maybe, but when a guy who generally has a shooting percentage around 12-13 on average has a season in which he is shooting 3% over a course of 36 games I’m not near as concerned when they are being paid the same as a guy who hasn’t eclipsed 50 points in the last 4 years

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Honestly didn't even read most of your post got to Berglund then stopped reading. You can't compare the two not at all.

Like I said we will just keep Schwartz and you keep your vastly superior guy who has never performed in the nhl.

I say good day.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Flute Flute hahhahahah

hey isles fans are you all not hearing this
59 points in 62 games!!!!!! Who cares if he was skating next to Tarasenko. Who cares if he has 3 goals and 21 points skating on the second line. Don't be stupid! Pay the blues whatever they are asking!!!!

And isles fans they also have this guy Alex Steen. He had 62 points in 68 games back in 2013!!! Who cares that he is gonna be 35 in a month and is making 6 mil til he is 38, Time to give them all of our prospects or pics for him! 1sts, wahlstrom, wilde hey even through bellows in the mix

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Beauvellier (sp?) is nice young player but he is no way close to Schwartz. Likely never will be as good as Schwartz is. But you hang on to the notion that a shooting slump somehow defines a player who has been one of top LW for a half dozen years and is still fairly young.
Beauvillier has 12 goals this year, Schwartz has 3. He is already better

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think Schwartz is literally the only roster player that Armstrong has stated is not available. You can question why, but that was the quote.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Lmao dude at least *pretend* to know who Beauvillier is
LOL dude atleast pretend to know who schwartz is. He is the real deal and Your boy may never produce like schwartz will and has. So please do me a favor and keep your guy who hasnt made the nhl yet and we will keep our young stud

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Beauvillier has 12 goals this year, Schwartz has 3. He is already better
LOL really thats how you base it. Well let me know when he hits ppg% status.

This year your boy has 12 goals 7 assists in 48 games with .39ppg%
Schwartz has 3 goals 18 assists in 36 games for a .59ppg%

Last year schwartz had 24G 35A 59 points in 62 games for .95 ppg%
your guy had 36 pts in 71 games .50 ppg%

So basically your guy is in the decline since he wont even hit his numbers from last year. LOL

The crap you just spilled is pure homerism and the stats prove it.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad