Proposal: STL (Schwartz) / NYI

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Holy edits

Just one edit. Found that sweet spot where both fan bases hate it (AKA, the HF equivalent of fairly equal value). I think Schwartz it’s a hell of a player and would be willing to overlook the < 4% shooting percentage. But I definitely understand why other Isles fans would rather chase other needs and why the Blues would like to hang onto him. Just exploring a trade to build on strengths (and help the PP), rather than filling other needs for the Isles.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
There's bad years, down years, off years and then there is disastrously brutal "you should have slept in this season" years. No way I trade a young guy for Schwartz at this point. His year is so bad you have to wonder what's going on and no way do I take a chance on him at this point. I don't think either fanbase wants to make this trade, and that's not the type of situation where "hey that means it's a good trade".

The gamble is totally in St. Louis' court. Let them have their game of Russian roulette why we keep the steadily improving Beauvillier. Schwartz's season is way too much of a decline to take a chance.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
There's bad years, down years, off years and then there is disastrously brutal "you should have slept in this season" years. No way I trade a young guy for Schwartz at this point. His year is so bad you have to wonder what's going on and no way do I take a chance on him at this point. I don't think either fanbase wants to make this trade, and that's not the type of situation where "hey that means it's a good trade".

The gamble is totally in St. Louis' court. Let them have their game of Russian roulette why we keep the steadily improving Beauvillier. Schwartz's season is way too much of a decline to take a chance.
Beauvellier (sp?) is nice young player but he is no way close to Schwartz. Likely never will be as good as Schwartz is. But you hang on to the notion that a shooting slump somehow defines a player who has been one of top LW for a half dozen years and is still fairly young.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Beauvellier (sp?) is nice young player but he is no way close to Schwartz. Likely never will be as good as Schwartz is. But you hang on to the notion that a shooting slump somehow defines a player who has been one of top LW for a half dozen years and is still fairly young.

If the past defines a player are you guys interested in Andrew Ladd? See how that works?

My notion has nothing to do with defining at all. Your notion that 3 goals from a guy like Schwartz is just bad shooting luck is the laughable thing. You should get 3 or 4 goals alone by being in the right spot getting deflections and the puck bouncing off of you. The point is, you are guessing this is an off year and he'll be back to new next season, I'm not actually guessing at all. I'm taking the actual evidence and stating that I'm not going to gamble on somebody that's not producing as much as they should be, not matter what the circumstances. I'm keep the guy that has a friendship and chemistry with our number 1 star, and you can do the same.

For the record, I'm not saying the Blues should make the trade either. Give him another year and if it turns out this is actually decline you could probably still get similar value in a trade from someone who still believes in him. I'm guessing his trade value can only go up at this point...

Last edited:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
If the past defines a player are you guys interested in Andrew Ladd? See how that works?

My notion has nothing to do with defining at all. Your notion that 3 goals from a guy like Schwartz is just bad shooting luck is the laughable thing. You should get 3 or 4 goals alone by being in the right spot getting deflections and the puck bouncing off of you. The point is, you are guessing this is an off year and he'll be back to new next season, I'm not actually guessing at all. I'm taking the actual evidence and stating that I'm not going to gamble on somebody that's not producing as much as they should be, not matter what the circumstances. I'm keep the guy that has a friendship and chemistry with our number 1 star, and you can do the same.

I don't know what is more legitimately laughable, you comparing Schwartz to someone who is 7 years older to him in the context of decline or you not expecting Schwartz to improve going forward on a 3% shooting percentage over less than half a season like that will be his new normal going forward......

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Maybe he is next Lucic. But you look at underlying stats (or watch him regularly) and much more likely he is having run of bad luck. Similar happened a couple years ago and he still ended with 20 or so. I’d expect him to do same this year. If he ever scores again.

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't know what is more legitimately laughable, you comparing Schwartz to someone who is 7 years older to him in the context of decline or you not expecting Schwartz to improve going forward on a 3% shooting percentage over less than half a season like that will be his new normal going forward......

Read my edit, he can only improve. Where did I use any comparison? I was just shooting down the logic that the past is the only thing that defines a player. Everything defines a player, their past, present and future. I never compared the two but I'm glad you found a way to manufacture some laughs out of nothing. Laughing is good for the soul.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Maybe he is next Lucic. But you look at underlying stats (or watch him regularly) and much more likely he is having run of bad luck. Similar happened a couple years ago and he still ended with 20 or so. I’d like xoect him to do same this year. If he ever scores again.

Yeah, again i'm sure he goes back up. I don't know how far he'll rebound, but getting back to 2o goals would put him about the same level as Beauvillier. Again, he's proven he can be a better player than Beauvillier and maybe even surpass Beau's ceiling, that's always hard to guess on as Beau is wildly inconsistent himself. This just comes down to why would the Isles gamble on one player over another, and why would the Blues even entertain trading Schwartz unless their is an underlying issue they know about (doubtful). Both teams should just keep their players.

And I definitely don't think he's the next Lucic.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Read my edit, he can only improve. Where did I use any comparison? I was just shooting down the logic that the past is the only thing that defines a player. Everything defines a player, their past, present and future. I never compared the two but I'm glad you found a way to manufacture some laughs out of nothing. Laughing is good for the soul.

Yes, I'm definitely the guy who dragged Andrew Ladd into this Schwartz thread in the context of declining value. That was definitely me.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Yes, I'm definitely the guy who dragged Andrew Ladd into this Schwartz thread in the context of declining value. That was definitely me.

I just reread my post three times and I don't see any lines that say, "You dragged Andrew Ladd into this"? So what are you even on about? Honestly, what are you even trying to say at this point. I say this in sincerity, look down at your keyboard, think twice before you type, and maybe choose to get up and dump out that beer and grab some coffee.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, again i'm sure he goes back up. I don't know how far he'll rebound, but getting back to 2o goals would put him about the same level as Beauvillier. Again, he's proven he can be a better player than Beauvillier and maybe even surpass Beau's ceiling, that's always hard to guess on as Beau is wildly inconsistent himself. This just comes down to why would the Isles gamble on one player over another, and why would the Blues even entertain trading Schwartz unless their is an underlying issue they know about (doubtful). Both teams should just keep their players.

And I definitely don't think he's the next Lucic.
Anf for the record I really like Beauvillier. He really impressed me at WC with his speed and some skill. Would be glad to have him on Blues, but not for Schwartz.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I just reread my post three times and I don't see any lines that say, "You dragged Andrew Ladd into this"? So what are you even on about? Honestly, what are you even trying to say at this point. I say this in sincerity, look down at your keyboard, think twice before you type, and maybe choose to get up and dump out that beer and grab some coffee.

Eye roll emoji.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

For the record, I'm not saying the Blues should make the trade either. Give him another year and if it turns out this is actually decline you could probably still get similar value in a trade from someone who still believes in him. I'm guessing his trade value can only go up at this point...

Ladd has been bad since he left Winnipeg. Jaden Schwartz is pacing at Andrew Ladds 3rd best career season. You are comparing apples to oranges here. I cannot comment on Ladds effect on a game in transition defensively. But I can say Schwartz’s is extremely good, even this year. He just can’t score a goal.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

There is no freaking decline he is 25 just came off 59 points in 62 games. There is no guarantee belleviour hits 40 points let alone 60. So thanks but no thanks.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
On pace for 46 points over 82 games is apparently awful for having a hilariously unlucky year. He has 271 points in 380 NHL games which equates to 58 points per year, including his rookie season where he had only 13 points in 45 games. He's also shooting 10% below his career average. This thread is a joke.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Also, I would want the Islanders 2020 first round pick in a trade for Schwartz. Your 2019 first round pick is going to be in the 20-30 range in a weaker draft. I'd rather take a chance on the Islanders being big flukes and being bad next year.
If Schwartz is as good as you say, wouldn't the Isles be even better?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
If Schwartz is as good as you say, wouldn't the Isles be even better?

Not necessarily. We got ROR in the off-season and he's been everything we could have hoped and more, and yet we're in a much worse position than we were at this point last season. There's tons of variables on single teams and especially in the standings of the whole league year-to-year.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
We should just all agree that Schwartz sucks call it a day.
I don't think he sucks at all. It's just funny that someone talking him up then says he'd like a draft pick in the deal - assuming the Isles (with Schwartz) will be worse next year. Sounded like... contradictory. Or lashing out.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Not necessarily. We got ROR in the off-season and he's been everything we could have hoped and more, and yet we're in a much worse position than we were at this point last season. There's tons of variables on single teams and especially in the standings of the whole league year-to-year.
I guess hypothetically a team could even lose its "best" player and drastically improve.

Naaah, never happen....

Reactions: sfvega

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't think he sucks at all. It's just funny that someone talking him up then says he'd like a draft pick in the deal - assuming the Isles (with Schwartz) will be worse next year. Sounded like... contradictory. Or lashing out.

Schwartz in no way sucks. He is awesome. Drives the play. Tenacious on the forecheck. Phenomenal passer. Guy can generally score. Just having bad year at 25 i wouldn't trade him for anything really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad