Proposal: STL-PHI

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Blues dont do Tank for Voracek, full stop.

Flyers dont even entertain Giroux for Tank. Fuill stop.

Theres nothing to see here.
Yup, pretty much.

All this nonsense about Giroux being worth twice Tarasenko is just unnecessary.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Can't we all just agree that there is no deal here & move on to bigger & better things . Our mutual fan bases have always shown respect for each other & long may that continue . Lets leave the petty sniping to certain unnamed fan bases Gents .

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Deal for Tarasenko would look more like Sanheim and Konecny as base rather than Voracek.

That may be what the Blues would request, but there's no rational reason why the Flyers would accept that deal.

Frankly, a deal that brings us Tarasenko doesn't make any sense. We're all full up on wingers, and while it'd be nice to add a pure goal scorer, our only reasonable movable assets for a winger are older wingers, which helps STL not at all since they're probably closer to tearing it down than a deep playoff run. Philly's top targets from STL should be Parayko or Pietrangelo if we want a blockbuster (the cost would be fairly extreme, but it'd fill a much bigger need), Allen/Bozak if we want a smaller deal (more reasonable price, also fills needs).

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That may be what the Blues would request, but there's no rational reason why the Flyers would accept that deal.

Frankly, a deal that brings us Tarasenko doesn't make any sense. We're all full up on wingers, and while it'd be nice to add a pure goal scorer, our only reasonable movable assets for a winger are older wingers, which helps STL not at all since they're probably closer to tearing it down than a deep playoff run. Philly's top targets from STL should be Parayko or Pietrangelo if we want a blockbuster (the cost would be fairly extreme, but it'd fill a much bigger need), Allen/Bozak if we want a smaller deal (more reasonable price, also fills needs).

I agree, but Allen doesnt fill a need. Hes more of the same, at best. I was hoping we were going to take a run at Bozak during UFA, though.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Those would be basis of ask for Parayko or Petro too, I would think. Unless you wanted to deal Provorov, which I don't expect you do.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I agree, but Allen doesnt fill a need. Hes more of the same, at best. I was hoping we were going to take a run at Bozak during UFA, though.

Allen brings one thing that our current goalie carousel doesn't, IIRC; he's healthy more often than not. While I'm OK rolling with Stolarz and whatever we can Frankenstein together out of the carcasses of Elliott, Neuvirth, and Lyon, it'd be nice to have someone who we can count on more regularly than that.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Those would be basis of ask for Parayko or Petro too, I would think. Unless you wanted to deal Provorov, which I don't expect you do.

Under no circumstances. The only way we trade Provy is if someone's offering us a deal we have no choice but to accept, like McDavid straight up. (Obviously it'd never happen, but we'd have to in that case; Comcast would never turn down that kind of marketing bonanza.)

Konecny would likely not be available under any reasonable circumstances either, but if we were receiving a defenseman in return, Sanheim could be involved in the talks, I suspect. I suspect Fletch would prefer to offer prospects first, so he'd probably counter with a package around Myers and a forward prospect (Frost, Farabee, someone like that), but we'd have to see where it goes from there.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Allen brings one thing that our current goalie carousel doesn't, IIRC; he's healthy more often than not. While I'm OK rolling with Stolarz and whatever we can Frankenstein together out of the carcasses of Elliott, Neuvirth, and Lyon, it'd be nice to have someone who we can count on more regularly than that.

True. I wouldnt be opposed to Allen provided the cost was cheap enough - but it also leaves the blues looking to fill their 1G spot as well. Id just as soon rather just make a run at someoen like Varly in the off season, though.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Under no circumstances. The only way we trade Provy is if someone's offering us a deal we have no choice but to accept, like McDavid straight up. (Obviously it'd never happen, but we'd have to in that case; Comcast would never turn down that kind of marketing bonanza.)

Konecny would likely not be available under any reasonable circumstances either, but if we were receiving a defenseman in return, Sanheim could be involved in the talks, I suspect. I suspect Fletch would prefer to offer prospects first, so he'd probably counter with a package around Myers and a forward prospect (Frost, Farabee, someone like that), but we'd have to see where it goes from there.
I don't think DA wants long rebuild. He wants young NHL players with upside who can also help now ideally, which is why guys like Sanheim or Konecny hold more appeal than Myers or Frost or Farabee who may have as much or more potential but are not going to help as soon.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
If St. Louis is willing to move Tarasenko or Pietrangelo, there’s a deal for futures to be made with the Flyers.

I could see any of Lindblom, Frost, Farabee, Myers, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, etc. being available.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think DA wants long rebuild. He wants young NHL players with upside who can also help now ideally, which is why guys like Sanheim or Konecny hold more appeal than Myers or Frost or Farabee who may have as much or more potential but are not going to help as soon.

That makes sense; the problem is, that's exactly what we need, too. (In the end, I expect the Flyers and Blues aren't going to match up, unless it's for Bozak; we're more likely to prioritize goal, and that leads me to either Crawford or Craig Anderson as our top targets; maybe Dubnyk if Fletch really wants to work the Minnesota angle.)

Much as I hate the idea since he had great chemistry with Patrick, I could see Oskar Lindblom as a piece we dangle. Also a young NHL winger with upside, but it's a little easier dealing a guy who's bouncing around the lower 3 lines, rather than the guy who's been our 1RW for going on a season and a half over Voracek.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
If St. Louis is willing to move Tarasenko or Pietrangelo, there’s a deal for futures to be made with the Flyers.

I could see any of Lindblom, Frost, Farabee, Myers, 2019 1st, 2020 1st, etc. being available.
No hart?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
That makes sense; the problem is, that's exactly what we need, too. (In the end, I expect the Flyers and Blues aren't going to match up, unless it's for Bozak; we're more likely to prioritize goal, and that leads me to either Crawford or Craig Anderson as our top targets; maybe Dubnyk if Fletch really wants to work the Minnesota angle.)

Much as I hate the idea since he had great chemistry with Patrick, I could see Oskar Lindblom as a piece we dangle. Also a young NHL winger with upside, but it's a little easier dealing a guy who's bouncing around the lower 3 lines, rather than the guy who's been our 1RW for going on a season and a half over Voracek.
Lindblom could be interesting piece.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
that was my point...

this topic has come up in 3 different threads. All i was doing was summing them up, and im sure that Flyers and Blues fans alike, are in 90% agreement that theres nothing to do.

all we need now is for that blues poster whose name escapes me to come in with "Tank isnt being traded no matter what" and this thread will have fully run its course. Theres no conversation to be had here involving these players, as has been staed in the several other threads.

It's adorable to know i have a fan that follows my posts so closely, though. Do you want an autographed picture? Who do i make it out to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad