Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Kyle Clifford signs with the Blues (2 years, $1M AAV)

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Well, crap.

Was hoping against hope the Kings might re-sign him... or at least have Toronto keep him and upgrade that draft pick. Nobody seems to want to keep any of the players the Kings traded at the deadline...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Might be a nail in the coffin for the Blues' cup window.

The only thing the Blues can possibly do to keep Pietrangelo now is by trading Schwartz, Bozak and Steen, or give an additional first to buy one of them out and bring them back. Which if you ask me is also pointless considering we're almost at the expansion draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
1m aav? Means that Leafs weren't that interested. They could have brought him back at that price
We did offer him 3 years. Whether that was 3 at 700k or 3 at $1M, we don’t know. But this could easily be his last contract so I’d imagine his misread the interest in him and moved on for less.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Might be a nail in the coffin for Pietrangelo.

They only thing the Blues can possibly do to keep him is by trading Schwartz, Bozak and Steen, or give an additional first to buy one of them out and bring them back. Which if you ask me is also pointless considering we're almost at the expansion draft.
Lol...wtf are you babbling about? Yeah, that $1 mill is really the nail in the coffin :laugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Might be a nail in the coffin for Pietrangelo.

They only thing the Blues can possibly do to keep him is by trading Schwartz, Bozak and Steen, or give an additional first to buy one of them out and bring them back. Which if you ask me is also pointless considering we're almost at the expansion draft.
What do you mean might be? The Blues signed Torey Krug.

Despite what the media and some Blues fans are leading you to believe, the Blues didn’t sign Faulk and Krug only for them to have to trade multiple players to then sign Pietrangelo as well. That’s not happening. He’s gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad