Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Kyle Clifford signs with the Blues (2 years, $1M AAV)

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
He didn’t do much in terms of physicality in his shirt Leafs stint, not sure what he has left in the tank

that said he was apparently a good locker room guy and the contract is cheap so can’t go wrong with that

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Might be a nail in the coffin for Pietrangelo.

They only thing the Blues can possibly do to keep him is by trading Schwartz, Bozak and Steen, or give an additional first to buy one of them out and bring them back. Which if you ask me is also pointless considering we're almost at the expansion draft.

Blues are almost certainly out oon Pietrangelo.

But not for this, LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This actually means Steen likely won't be playing in the beginning of the season (if at all next year); so this alone actually makes resigning Petro slightly more feasible.

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
He didn’t do much in terms of physicality in his shirt Leafs stint, not sure what he has left in the tank

that said he was apparently a good locker room guy and the contract is cheap so can’t go wrong with that
Yes he did he was very physical don't know what you were watching

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Blues are almost certainly out oon Pietrangelo.

But not for this, LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This actually means Steen likely won't be playing in the beginning of the season (if at all next year); so this alone actually makes resigning Petro slightly more feasible.

Relax... I didn't say it would all happen in order to have Pietrangelo sign with the Blues.

But I also meant was the nail in the coffin for the Blues' cup window.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As a Coyotes fan, this guy was #1 on my list. Happy we got Larsson and Pitlick. But I really wanted Clifford to complete that line. Would have loved to see those three together

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Relax... I didn't say it would all happen in order to have Pietrangelo sign with the Blues.

But I also meant was the nail in the coffin for the Blues' cup window.

Like I explained, this is no nail, like at all, quite the opposite.

He's taking Steen's spot (if he remains on roster by opening day). This means the Blues surmise that Steen won't be ready early in the season, and needed some insurance (or they know he'll be out most of the season, and need a replacement). And this salary is barely above the AHL replacement player that would be needed in Steen's place anyways.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Petro or cap space going forward, except that the Blues thinks it's more likely now that Steen will be out for an extended timeframe, and that they will have more time to get under the cap if they have issue there.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Slow gritty vet with Cup experience, the Armstrong special. Fortunately, Berube will actually bench these guys in favor of younger players who perform. Hitchcock couldn't help himself and almost took it like a challenge to find ways to give them ice time.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Clifford will be turning 30 shortly after the season starts. He’s not that old, I’m sure he still has plenty left in the tank.

The Leafs play a very different style than the Blues. We play more similar to LA so he should fit in pretty well in St. Louis.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
I would have been happy to have him back on the Leafs, but the pick probably made it impractical. At $1M, it's a fair price for what he brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad