Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Justin Faulk signs extension with the Blues (7 years, $6.5M AAV)

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
He's a defenseman, not a forward. This covers age 28-34. I don't see the reason to expect a huge drop-off in performance in time from that perspective.

The issue is year to year consistency. 18-19 Faulk is worth this contract. 16-17 and 17-18 Faulk, in particular, was not. If the Blues scouting staff is confident in the former, it'll turn out fine.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Good for Faulk. I actually liked him and wouldn't have minded him returning to the Canes but it was going to be difficult to pay him anything similar to this considering what Slavin and Pesce are signed for long term.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The trade seems fair, even a slight win for the Blues, but the signing is an absolute disaster. What is Armstrong doing?

We don’t know what Pietro has said privately but maybe he wants to test UFA and this is insurance agains the blues losing him and not having a replacement.

Parayko
Faulk

Is still a solid top two RHD.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

If he's using data that's a compilation of more than the past year, then it's going to paint a picture of a player ostensibly different than the one St. Louis acquired. 16-18 Faulk was brutal, because of 1) injuries 2) having to carry linemates. I'm sure he'll be fine in St. Louis.

Wouldn't want him on the powerplay, though many Hurricanes fans act like he was the sole issue to be resolved when nothing could be further from the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
The Best D corp in the league just got that much better. Have fun going up against the Blues in the playoffs next year.

Reactions: RORbacon

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Looking at Faulk's stats I thought he had better numbers. Most points he had in a season the past 4 years is 37 which is not alot for a Dman that is not that good defensively. So at 1st glance I thought this is a good deal. Now I think this might be abit too much. For some reason I thought he was a 50+ point Dman.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Considering some of the D contracts this off-season, this is a weak contract.

I don't think Myers is very good, but I think he's better than Faulk.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
With the trades hes made in the last few years I have learned to just kind of trust Armstrong. They now have insurance should AP decide to walk in the summer. Hopefully Parayko can step into the #1 slot at that time and Faulk can become the #2 on the right side. On the other side... Maybe its a long term play for the expansion draft.

Reactions: RORbacon

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
the 1st sentence doesn't add up to the 2nd one. Confusing

No, it's pretty straightforward actually.

I said, the Blues already have the best D in the league, and it got even better. Therefore, it's going to be even harder to play against them in the playoffs next year.

Reactions: filthyMitz

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looking at Faulk's stats I thought he had better numbers. Most points he had in a season the past 4 years is 37 which is not alot for a Dman that is not that good defensively. So at 1st glance I thought this is a good deal. Now I think this might be abit too much. For some reason I thought he was a 50+ point Dman.
He also got tons and tons of PP time even though he's not that great at PP.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
So 6.5 million long term to anchor the bottom pairing? That’s beyond crazy unless they know they won’t be retaining Pie.

A contender moving Pie is also crazy.

Pie leaving his only club that’s a contender and he’s won a Cup with is crazy.

I just personally don’t understand this move

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino