Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Joel Edmundson re-sign with Blues(one year-$3million)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I can't believe you'd go out, make an ignorant troll post about the Blues being a mickey mouse organization and come back with an ignorant reply like this when I took the time to explain the why to you, when I assumed you had no idea or inclination to look up the facts for yourself...

When one doesn’t even know enough to know that they don’t know.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
When one doesn’t even know enough to know that they don’t know.
"There are known knowns and known unknowns, but there are also unkown unknowns..."

UniformExaltedGallinule-max-1mb.gif

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Nice bridge, Ed has another good year and he will make money on his next deal which will be long term. This is how it's done Jets fans :sarcasm:

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I can't believe you'd go out, make an ignorant troll post about the Blues being a mickey mouse organization and come back with an ignorant reply like this when I took the time to explain the why to you, when I assumed you had no idea or inclination to look up the facts for yourself...

*sigh* The best jokes are the ones you have to spell out.

1) The Jets signed Trouba to a 1 year deal
2) Trouba is a mid 20's d-man
3) The Blues just signed Edmundson to a 1 year deal
4) Edmundson is a mid 20's d-man
5) I made a comment about how only a Mickey Mouse organization would sign their mid 20's d-man to a 1 year contract
6) I posted a gif of a man laughing and then having a sudden, terrifying realization
7) If you need another step explaining this then then you're beyond my pay grade.

You coming back to these comments
FlawedBriefIcelandichorse.gif

Last edited:

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Plus, as good as Edmundson was in the playoffs before, he had an up and down 17-18 season. He's in their long-term plans, but a prove-it bridge deal is good for both the team and the player.
Yeah, I agree. Edmundsom is big, physical and mobile, but he isnt a great puck mover and is prone to errors with the puck on his stick.

He got hot and potted a lot of goals 2017 playoffs and early last season, but that appears to be an abberation from the rest of his career and by the end of the season his numbers were where you expected them to be.

Also he could very well be the odd man out when the Seattle expansion draft happens if the rules are the same and the Blues decide to protect Pietrangelo, Parayko and Dunn.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
*sigh* The best jokes are the ones you have to spell out.

1) The Jets signed Trouba to a 1 year deal
2) Trouba is a mid 20's d-man
3) The Blues just signed Edmundson to a 1 year deal
4) Edmundson is a mid 20's d-man
5) I made a comment about how only a Mickey Mouse organization would sign their mid 20's d-man to a 1 year contract
6) I posted a gif of a man laughing and then having a sudden, terrifying realization
7) If you need another step explaining this then then you're beyond my pay grade.

You coming back to these comments
FlawedBriefIcelandichorse.gif
Don't worry man, the rest of our fanbase still likes you. :laugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, I agree. Edmundsom is big, physical and mobile, but he isnt a great puck mover and is prone to errors with the puck on his stick.

He got hot and potted a lot of goals 2017 playoffs and early last season, but that appears to be an abberation from the rest of his career and by the end of the season his numbers were where you expected them to be.

Also he could very well be the odd man out when the Seattle expansion draft happens if the rules are the same and the Blues decide to protect Pietrangelo, Parayko and Dunn.
Eh, I think he's a little better offensively than people give him credit for. Can't expect him to put up a lot of points because he never gets any powerplay time.

But he actually has a good shot. I don't think his goals are flukes or anything. He's not Petro, Parayko or Dunn but he's fine moving the puck IMO.

Reactions: rumrokh

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Eh, I think he's a little better offensively than people give him credit for. Can't expect him to put up a lot of points because he never gets any powerplay time.

But he actually has a good shot. I don't think his goals are flukes or anything. He's not Petro, Parayko or Dunn but he's fine moving the puck IMO.

Pietrangelo is an UFA prior to the expansion draft. Can’t the Blues just have a deal worked out with him and sign him after the draft? That way they dont have to protect him?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Pietrangelo is an UFA prior to the expansion draft. Can’t the Blues just have a deal worked out with him and sign him after the draft? That way they dont have to protect him?

No, the Blues would have to protect him as he would still technically be under contract until June 30th if he hasnt already re-signed.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Did you miss the part where I said they would have an agreement already in place?

"Yeah, we are going to give you a contract, but we arent going to lock you in a year early like all of the other franchise defensemen, but still sign with us and dont talk to anyone else either. Oh, and dont get injured." Sound good?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's not a troll post though. It's a joke. He's joking about how Trouba was just signed to a 1 year deal.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Don't worry man, the rest of our fanbase still likes you. :laugh:

The Jets and Blues fans seem to always get along which I like. Lots of mutual respect. I want to get this all out now because, with the additions you've made, I am sure there's going to be plenty of hate on the way haha. ROR was such a huge addition.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
"Yeah, we are going to give you a contract, but we arent going to lock you in a year early like all of the other franchise defensemen, but still sign with us and dont talk to anyone else either. Oh, and dont get injured." Sound good?

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad