Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Joel Edmundson re-sign with Blues(one year-$3million)

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Uh, is there a different thread I'm missing?

It's a very good price for a guy was damn solid getting 21 minutes a game last year. He is most likely sloting in right next to Pietrangelo again, and the Blues will have cap to give him a longer term bigger contract next year if he keeps performing.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
HAHA!

What kind of mickey mouse organization only signs their mid 20's D-man to a 1 year deal???????

giphy.gif

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
He'll still be an RFA after this season, at which point we'll give him a real contract. Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson will off the books then.

At this point Bouwmeester is our 5.4 million dollar 3rd pairing d-man and gunnar is our 2.9 million 7th d-man.

Unless they bench Bortuzzo and switch Bouwmeester to the right side...then Gunnar has a spot.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Was hoping for a long term deal for Edmundson, but as long as the Blues sign him long term eventually then I guess this is a good deal. Glad we will get to retain Schmaltz as well.

Reactions: brokeu91

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Underrated defensive rock for the Blues.

Good bridge deal for both sides. Still an RFA after this year.

Reactions: bukwas

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He's rounding into a very solid top 4 defenseman. Great complement on the left side to Petro and Parayko.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I fully expect another thread announcing a long term extension after the first of the year. Waiting for JBo and Gunnar to fall off of the cap.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
HAHA!

What kind of mickey mouse organization only signs their mid 20's D-man to a 1 year deal???????

giphy.gif

An organization waiting for 8.3 million in cap to come off the books when Jay Bouwmeester and Carl Gunnarson come off the books this summer?

He's still an RFA this next off-season and it gives them a year to work out a long term extension - my guess is they were pretty far apart on money - this allows them to remain on good terms negotiating said long term contract.

Reactions: STLomacneko

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
An organization waiting for 8.3 million in cap to come off the books when Jay Bouwmeester and Carl Gunnarson come off the books this summer?

He's still an RFA this next off-season and it gives them a year to work out a long term extension - my guess is they were pretty far apart on money - this allows them to remain on good terms negotiating said long term contract.

Plus, as good as Edmundson was in the playoffs before, he had an up and down 17-18 season. He's in their long-term plans, but a prove-it bridge deal is good for both the team and the player.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Can't believe I've had to use this twice today

the-joke-you-31838472.png

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Can't believe I've had to use this twice today

the-joke-you-31838472.png

I can't believe you'd go out, make an ignorant troll post about the Blues being a mickey mouse organization and come back with an ignorant reply like this when I took the time to explain the why to you, when I assumed you had no idea or inclination to look up the facts for yourself...

Reactions: Mike Liut

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hate the fact that we couldn't go long term because Maroon cost us the cap space we would have used. Edmundson is very good, and very under-rated. He'll have the option next year to elect salary arbitration and hit UFA in 3 years at 28. Or if he puts up a career year getting first pairing minutes, he will cost us considerably more to sign longer-term next year.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I can't believe you'd go out, make an ignorant troll post about the Blues being a mickey mouse organization and come back with an ignorant reply like this when I took the time to explain the why to you, when I assumed you had no idea or inclination to look up the facts for yourself...
HE WAS JOKING ABOUT THE JETS AND JACOB TROUBA.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

He's a Jets fan. Jets just let Trouba go to arbitration for a 1-year deal. He was insulting his team, not ours.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

it was a joke cause the jets did the same thing... he was kidding... can you calm down, everyone else got it

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Damn, you're doubledowning on this really hard.

Take a deep breath and read the post again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->