Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Colton Parayko signs extension with the Blues (8 years, $6.5M AAV)

Bogey64

Feb 2, 2013
St Peters,Mo
As a blues fan I like this signing. I guarantee Army did his due diligence before he offered this contract. I believe he felt comfortable that this was not a long term injury-but this is hockey so nothing is for sure. As far as the comparisons between Nurse and Parayko I would say it’s a push. Nurses offensive numbers are better but i believe Parayko is clearly the better shut down defender. I also think that Parayko will be much better offensively this year if healthy. Either way very good Dmen.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Nurse career totals Gm. 406 G.45 A.112 Pts. 157
Parayko career totals Gm. 418 G.41 A. 130 Pts. 171

Wow are Nurses totals so superior worth at least 2.75 mil. more
Why are you picking this fight? Show me a single Oilers fan saying this isn’t a great signing for the Blues?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Maybe Parayko liked St. Louis...Maybe Parayko knew that his team could fill positions of need if they weren't overpaying him...Maybe his agent told him that he could get more money in another city, but he looked at the tax situation and realized it was a wash, or even a loss. Either way, guys that sign contracts like this when they "could have gotten more" are what hockey should be about in a cap driven day and age. Maybe that is why St. Louis has been so competitive year after year.
Really? The players should take less because the owners are cheap? It was them who pushed for a cap.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Really? The players should take less because the owners are cheap? It was them who pushed for a cap.

If the player wants to win then yes and it's not because owners are cheap. All teams must abide by the same salary cap and when you have 50% of that salary cap going to only 4 players then the rest of your roster wont have much quality will it?

Reactions: Blueston

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Absolutely fantastic deal, makes the Nurse deal look that much worse

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
Why are you picking this fight? Show me a single Oilers fan saying this isn’t a great signing for the Blues?

The fight was the Oil fan that used last years stats saying how much better Nurse offensive numbers are than Parayko's -when Parayko was injured last year.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
O
If the player wants to win then yes and it's not because owners are cheap. All teams must abide by the same salary cap and when you have 50% of that salary cap going to only 4 players then the rest of your roster wont have much quality will it?
F course it's because they are cheap. They have billions yet treat a team like an investment, not a hobby.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Nurse career totals Gm. 406 G.45 A.112 Pts. 157
Parayko career totals Gm. 418 G.41 A. 130 Pts. 171

Wow are Nurses totals so superior worth at least 2.75 mil. more

I mean, Nurse's contract was an overpay, but player's don't get contracts based on career numbers.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
O

F course it's because they are cheap. They have billions yet treat a team like an investment, not a hobby.

Couldn’t be farther from that when it comes to the Blues’ ownership. It’s basically comprised of local businessmen who love hockey. They spend to the cap despite not necessarily having the revenue streams to consistently support it. They’re 100% committed to investing their money to win.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Couldn’t be farther from that when it comes to the Blues’ ownership. It’s basically comprised of local businessmen who love hockey. They spend to the cap despite not necessarily having the revenue streams to consistently support it. They’re 100% committed to investing their money to win.
Kudos to them. Are tehy still the same owners as when they voted on the cap? I don't know.

Bogey64

Feb 2, 2013
St Peters,Mo
As much as I would like to disagree with you, you are correct. St Louis city is dangerous. I’ve lived her my entire life and the only time I go in to the city is for a cards or blues game. But Parayko lives in the county and its a great place to live.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
As much as I would like to disagree with you, you are correct. St Louis city is dangerous. I’ve lived her my entire life and the only time I go in to the city is for a cards or blues game. But Parayko lives in the county and its a great place to live.

STL has some of the best suburbs in the country.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
good deal for STL especially compared to couple of other high-profile Dmen signings this year. dependent on his back of course think for the most part back injuries get worse when you age?

sidenote: the much maligned 2012-Draft really has put out quality D and G's. The Fwds lack big-time, but idk if many drafts have the depth of great Dmen or Goalies as this one.
Holy crap! You’re right!

The 2012 draft was loaded with excellent defensemen and goalies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
O

The team is an investment. It's a business. Do you not get that? It's also bad business to invest 50% of your money into 20% of your roster and expect to have sufficient depth to win a championship.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
besides my own personal experiences, have you seen the amount of athletes that call STL home after playing and living here?
Just because they are comfortable place for well-off ex-athletes basking in adoration of fan base doesn’t make them best in any objective metric.

And subjectively, they’re awful. Total generics with nothing to recommend it. I grew up there and got out as soon as I could.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Just because they are comfortable place for well-off ex-athletes basking in adoration of fan base doesn’t make them best in any objective metric.

And subjectively, they’re awful. Total generics with nothing to recommend it. I grew up there and got out as soon as I could.

I love wildwood and chesterfield. But it helps having a vacation condo in Florida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad