Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Colton Parayko signs extension with the Blues (8 years, $6.5M AAV)

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
To each his own. I couldn’t wait to leave chesterfield.

When did you leave Chesterfield? Just asking because they've got a bunch of projects over by the strip mall that are apparently going to bring big money to the area. Was born in Creve Coeur, raised in Chesterfield, moved all over the St. Louis area until my current place in Hazelwood.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
When did you leave Chesterfield? Just asking because they've got a bunch of projects over by the strip mall that are apparently going to bring big money to the area. Was born in Creve Coeur, raised in Chesterfield, moved all over the St. Louis area until my current place in Hazelwood.
I moved away about 30 years ago, but my sister and parents still live in Chesterfield so return regularly.

Reactions: Memento

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don’t disagree with leaving, but Houston?
I came here for school. Left for grad school in Atlanta and then came back 23 years ago. If you can get past weather it’s actually a great place to live. Awesome food of virtually any variety, strong museums, one of top medical centers in the world, and a vibrant job market. All it’s missing is nhl team.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I came here for school. Left for grad school in Atlanta and then came back 23 years ago. If you can get past weather it’s actually a great place to live. Awesome food of virtually any variety, strong museums, one of top medical centers in the world, and a vibrant job market. All it’s missing is nhl team.

But does it have a free zoo that's rated one of the best in the world like the Lou has?

I know that Houston's an amazing place to live; one of my aunts lives there. But I think that, honestly, there's stuff in St. Louis - both city and county; I've spent time pretty much everywhere - that isn't like anywhere else. So if I had choice to leave permanently, I might not take it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
But does it have a free zoo that's rated one of the best in the world like the Lou has?

I know that Houston's an amazing place to live; one of my aunts lives there. But I think that, honestly, there's stuff in St. Louis - both city and county; I've spent time pretty much everywhere - that isn't like anywhere else. So if I had choice to leave permanently, I might not take it.
I’ve never been to zoo here. But I’ve eaten enough animals to fill one.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Fair enough. To each their own

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The team is an investment. It's a business. Do you not get that? It's also bad business to invest 50% of your money into 20% of your roster and expect to have sufficient depth to win a championship.
AndI disagree with that. Is everyone so enamoured with the holy market that they don't get that?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
O

F course it's because they are cheap. They have billions yet treat a team like an investment, not a hobby.
would be interested to see how many "billionaire" owners there are

pretty sure STL's owner is not, altho he does have backing by a group that has deep pockets

and yes, a team IS an investment.. not a hobby and no owner is obligated to just throw stupid money around

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Kudos to them. Are tehy still the same owners as when they voted on the cap? I don't know.
the cap exists to keep competitive balance, not 'cheapness'

otherwise you'd have a league of 8 teams again

I can't tell if this is trolling or serious

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
What makes you think Parayko took less?
over at the asylum there's a post where Parayko talks about his deal. in his statement it appears he hesitates just a sec and says "it's a good deal for both sides"
seems he knows he could have pushed for more, but felt it was fair enough and wanted to stay

kudos to him

he won't go hungry and didn't break the bank

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The cap is there for cost certainty. Competitive balance is a side effect.
the cap is there to keep smaller markets viable
and it's not a bad thing to ensure teams don't go belly up, altho AZ seems to be able to do it. the league has been basically funding their payroll the last few years

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
over at the asylum there's a post where Parayko talks about his deal. in his statement it appears he hesitates just a sec and says "it's a good deal for both sides"
seems he knows he could have pushed for more, but felt it was fair enough and wanted to stay

kudos to him

he won't go hungry and didn't break the bank
Or, he knows he could re gain his top pairing form and get huge dollars, but would rather play it safe just in case his injuries diminish his play as badly as it did this past year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad