#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
wPWo1pd.png

Reactions: HabsQC

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Doug Armstrong has the responsibility of putting Team Canada together this season so he may need some extra support. Chia’s been around the organization for a couple years now. As long as DA has final say, I’m not too worried about the arrangement. That said, when DA eventually leaves I hope he takes Chia with him.

I also don’t mind bringing Hitch back. He’s still a hall of fame coach and he’s close with both Army and Berube. Berube has called him a mentor on several occasions in past interviews and said they’ve spoken several times throughout past seasons.

Don't parade through my rain!

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Call me crazy but I think Chiarelli has a place in a hockey front office.

He has a solid draft record with both Edmonton and Boston, and majority of the contracts he signed were reasonable.

He just gets his teeth kicked in on trades more often than not. You don’t want him as a GM entirely for that reason but some executive position that advises on scouting and financial team construction I think he’ll be fine in. He’s pretty qualified both experience wise and academically.

Reactions: MessierII

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I remember when they first announced Bob and Pete would be leading the charge for the Oilers into the future. It was generally VERY optimistic, based around Bob's success with Team Canada and Pete with the Bruins. A small minority of neutral fans and a vocal section of Bruins fans were quietly skeptical tho based off of some of Chia's goofy trades and how a lot of the championship roster he oversaw was largely there prior to his arrival. Man have things changed the past decade...

They are now like herpes to NHL fanbases. Just always popping up again somewhere new when you finally forget they exist.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Nooooo why? I pray Chia has nothing to do with player transactions or contracts. If he does I’m prepared for long term hurt followed by a longer rebuild.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Call me crazy but I think Chiarelli has a place in a hockey front office.

He has a solid draft record with both Edmonton and Boston, and majority of the contracts he signed were reasonable.

He just gets his teeth kicked in on trades more often than not. You don’t want him as a GM entirely for that reason but some executive position that advises on scouting and financial team construction I think he’ll be fine in. He’s pretty qualified both experience wise and academically.

Um what?

the Chiapet likes to sign veterans to grossly overpaid contracts (see Kelly in Boston, Lucic in Edmonton, etc). Most Boston fans will tell you that outside of the first round (where he lucked into a few good picks), his drafting record was abysmal.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Hockey is the epitome of the old white guys club. Either that or there is no promising management talent in the pipeline which explains why there’s a bunch of former hall of fame players now in management rather than career team builders/coaches. Hitch looks like he was resurrected from the grave in that Twitter photo.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He has been employed by the Blues for over 2 years. It doesn’t change a thing. Sorry to pick on you but the first couple of pages hurt my brain.

I don’t understand how you can definitively say that it’s only a formality of the title. Is it not reasonable to think that with said title will be greater influence on personnel? Seriously asking, is there something that says things will remain the same?

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I don’t understand how you can definitively say that it’s only a formality of the title. Is it not reasonable to think that with said title will be greater influence on personnel? Seriously asking, is there something that says things will remain the same?
Well Armstrong just signing a 5 yr deal as GM kinda says it will remain the same , no? I’m ok if he’s got the final say on the team decisions. Honestly for the 2 yrs Chia has been connected with the team I never hear anything about or from him… I’m not sure anyone knows what he actually does for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad