[STL] Chiarelli - VP hockey Ops & Hitchcock - coaching consultant

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Haven't seen it posted yet, but Chiarelli seems like a Yikes...guess we could see this coming based on him being brought in, in the first place.

But Hitch.. What is a coaching advisor? Does he sit in the booth and relay down when they should challenge? Never heard of this in hockey.

Official per @Del Preston

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
8l3y06g.gif

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Doug Armstrong has the responsibility of putting Team Canada together this season so he may need some extra support. Chia’s been around the organization for a couple years now. As long as DA has final say, I’m not too worried about the arrangement. That said, when DA eventually leaves I hope he takes Chia with him.

I also don’t mind bringing Hitch back. He’s still a hall of fame coach and he’s close with both Army and Berube. Berube has called him a mentor on several occasions in past interviews and said they’ve spoken several times throughout past seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and BlueOil

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm guessing his role is more the business side of hockey than anything to do with players/staff tbh.
Like, I imagine he's more involved in stuff like deals with equipment or things like that, stuff actually related to the operations.

Hopefully anyways

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017

Haven't seen it posted yet, but Chiarelli seems like a Yikes...guess we could see this coming based on him being brought in, in the first place.

But Hitch.. What is a coaching advisor? Does he sit in the booth and relay down when they should challenge? Never heard of this in hockey.

Probably to relay communications to the bench coaches when NOT to play Tarasenko on the PP.

Reactions: North Cole

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm guessing his role is more the business side of hockey than anything to do with players/staff tbh.
Like, I imagine he's more involved in stuff like deals with equipment or things like that, stuff actually related to the operations.

Hopefully anyways
NHL.com headline in two months: "The St. Louis Blues have filed for bankruptcy."

Bond

May 10, 2012
Hmmm. Who is the best young forward on the Blues the Flames can get for Tanev lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00