Proposal: STL/CAR

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
As a Canes fan this makes no sense for St. Louis...Edmundson was scratched at times and pretty much a throw-in for Faulk, can't see them wanting him back or valuing him at all. And they're a Cup contender again this year, why would they trade away a guy like Schenn? Definitely not sellers this year leading the WC
I didn't look at this as a seller, I looked at it as a trade that could help both teams. I didn't realize how much Edmundson was disliked. If the value wasn't enough add to it or swap players. is what I was asking. Right now I think St. Louis will be in the same situation as the Blue Jackets are with Seth Jones. I may be wrong, but looking at Jay's minutes and nothing else on the back end I thought it was a start to a mutual trade that could help both teams.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I didn't look at this as a seller, I looked at it as a trade that could help both teams. I didn't realize how much Edmundson was disliked. If the value wasn't enough add to it or swap players. is what I was asking. Right now I think St. Louis will be in the same situation as the Blue Jackets are with Seth Jones. I may be wrong, but looking at Jay's minutes and nothing else on the back end I thought it was a start to a mutual trade that could help both teams.
Petro and Parayko are the heavy-lifters, Bouwmeester was a minute-muncher on the shutdown pair with Parayko though. It hurts, but it doesn't significantly hurt us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
you have 20 to 22 minutes to replace on the defensive side of the house. Here you get defense, a good young center to replace the one your losing, (I will admit his not Schenn and a 1st. A lot of teams are going to be kicking tires, so I felt I'd kick them and see what the response would be. Counters are welcome But St. Louis right now are in the same defensive boar as Carolina but I think Carolina has a few more assets to deal from.
So what do we do about the 18-20min up front that we lose with Schenn

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
you are wrong, but you haven't given up on your notion yet

you're trying to be opportunistic less than 24 hours after a major issue for the team and it wasn't well thought through

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Petro and Parayko are the heavy-lifters, Bouwmeester was a minute-muncher on the shutdown pair with Parayko though. It hurts, but it doesn't significantly hurt us.
Ok, let me ask this, with Jay being gone for the year and maybe forever, What will the mental effect be, if the Blues don't try to land someone? Not trying to antagonize anyone but we hear over and over how a late season injury affected a team and the players were upset or disappointed that management didn't try to do something?

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
you are wrong, but you haven't given up on your notion yet

you're trying to be opportunistic less than 24 hours after a major issue for the team and it wasn't well thought through
I understand and appreciate what you are saying but 13 days before the trade deadline and GM's are like vultures if they see prey they are going to try to be the first to knock at the door.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ok, let me ask this, with Jay being gone for the year and maybe forever, What will the mental effect be, if the Blues don't try to land someone? Not trying to antagonize anyone but we hear over and over how a late season injury affected a team and the players were upset or disappointed that management didn't try to do something?
And you believe that trading away our 3rd leading scorer would improve that mental effect?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I understand and appreciate what you are saying but 13 days before the trade deadline and GM's are like vultures if they see prey they are going to try to be the first to knock at the door.
i am saying you're being the vulture. other gms will not pester people to buy their logic when it's half-baked and armstrong certainly won't entertain it.

the situation is serious, but not desperate as you continue to insist. the blues have internal solutions and do not need to make a bad deal just to have done something.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Do you really think the Blues will sit tight?

I believe if we're adding anyone it's going to be a rental forward. Not a guy that we had to scratch multiple times in the playoffs especially at the cost of a forward. A first really does nothing for us. I dont know who the other guy you added was but we have forward depth in spades. Mikkola had a 5 game stint earlier and looked fantastic. Gunnarsson has been fine as long as we can stay healthy. I'd imagine if we add anyone outside of a rental forward it will be a depth option on defense barring injury.

This is a little more serious situation that a late season injury. Regardless, this team is well-oiled in the mental department from last season. I don't think you look at the adverse effects of adding someone to the roster. If there is a move to be made, i'd imagine that Armstrong will make it. Overreacting and trading a top 6 forward from a team that has been struggling to score as of late is probably the last thing on Armstrong's mind.

Regardless, Tarasenko coming back will also be looked at as a late season addition. I'm fairly positive Brayden Schenn is a player the front office loves and he is ingrained into our core.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Like I stated if you think it falls short then counter or is that way too much for you?
The pieces you included do not make sense for the blues.

I'd rather trade: Faulk, Alexandrov, and a 1st for Aho.

If this falls short what else would you add?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Pretty simple no trade at all
fKu075O.gif

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Assuming CAR grabs an RD prior to the deadline, I’d think they’d certainly consider moving Edmundson back to the Blues for a pick.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

James West

Jan 13, 2020
Yeah no way I can see the Blues making that trade? I think the Canes would like to move one of the two first round picks for a roster player

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Assuming CAR grabs an RD prior to the deadline, I’d think they’d certainly consider moving Edmundson back to the Blues for a pick.

Or an autographed Justin Faulk jersey.

Seriously, if they acquire someone, Edmundson should go. With the potential overages, $3.1 mil in the pressbox or pushing Fleury there is a waste of next year's cap space. If the best the league has to offer is future considerations, take it.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Do you really think the Blues will sit tight?

Sit tight? Maybe, maybe not, but if they are going to do something they arent trading Schenn for parts. If the goal is to pick up a defenseman of Eddys caliber it can be done much much easier than what you are proposing.

Reactions: rumrokh

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
And I think this is something the Blues would consider as a rental given his familiarity with the system and teammates, but I think you're looking at something small, like the return of your 5th rounder, if there is no retention. $3.1M is a big number, even for a rental, for a guy that wouldn't likely be used as a Top 4 guy.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
And I think this is something the Blues would consider as a rental given his familiarity with the system and teammates, but I think you're looking at something small, like the return of your 5th rounder, if there is no retention. $3.1M is a big number, even for a rental, for a guy that wouldn't likely be used as a Top 4 guy.

Understand the Blues situation, but more than likely the Canes could do much better than a 5th on the open market.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

I’m going to guess that the mentality will be “ let’s win it for Jaybo” and the team will rally and use it as fuel for another run at it. Not “oh crap we should trade 8 years of Schenn for a first plus other pieces that won’t help us nearly as much as Schenn would”.

Reactions: rumrokh

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
you have 20 to 22 minutes to replace on the defensive side of the house. Here you get defense, a good young center to replace the one your losing, (I will admit his not Schenn and a 1st. A lot of teams are going to be kicking tires, so I felt I'd kick them and see what the response would be. Counters are welcome But St. Louis right now are in the same defensive boar as Carolina but I think Carolina has a few more assets to deal from.

Let's break this down

Faulk petro
Dunn parayko
Mikola bortuzzo
Gunner.

That s all we need

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad