Proposal: STL/CAR

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
To STL: Joel Edmonson, Lucas Wallmark, Car 1st

To: Car: Brayden Schenn

I know the Canes are looking for Defense, but they were/are also looking for a top 6 Center, Schenn has a long term contract that is cap friendly.

With Bouwmeester probably being out for the season, Edmonson going back seems to be a natural fit. Wallmark is a good you center and then the 1st.

Some may think its an overpayment, some may say underpayment, So tell me what you think and if the trade needs added to or subtracted from.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Mikkola will be called up and will be in the rotation more than likely.

I highly doubt any core forward of ours is readily available right now.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Why would the conference leading, defending Stanley Cup champs ever even consider trading away their third highest scorer?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
No thanks, the team can simply call up Niko Mikkola to take Bo's spot next to Parayko. Mikkola is a shut down defender that plays Bo's role already so no reason to go outside the organization for a defenseman.

Reactions: BlueDream

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Why would the conference leading, defending Stanley Cup champs ever even consider trading away their third highest scorer?
you have 20 to 22 minutes to replace on the defensive side of the house. Here you get defense, a good young center to replace the one your losing, (I will admit his not Schenn and a 1st. A lot of teams are going to be kicking tires, so I felt I'd kick them and see what the response would be. Counters are welcome But St. Louis right now are in the same defensive boar as Carolina but I think Carolina has a few more assets to deal from.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The Blues are competing for a Stanley cup...probably closer than Carolina is right now...why would they trade one of their best players for spare parts and a pick??

Reactions: StonedAF

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
you have 20 to 22 minutes to replace on the defensive side of the house. Here you get defense, a good young center to replace the one your losing, (I will admit his not Schenn and a 1st. A lot of teams are going to be kicking tires, so I felt I'd kick them and see what the response would be. Counters are welcome But St. Louis right now are in the same defensive boar as Carolina but I think Carolina has a few more assets to deal from.
We won't know exactly how the pairings will play out, but Faulk will move up to the top 4, and Dunn will get more minutes too. It won't be a catastrophic issue to the point where we need to move Schenn.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Yet, the defenseman you’re suggesting can’t really play those minutes. St. Louis of all teams knows this.

This proposal doesn’t make sense, in terms of both fit and value.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Gunnarson, Faulk, or Dunn can all slot into the top 4 and eat minutes. Mikkola is NHL caliber now. While the loss hurts, this isn't a state of emergency that forces us to trade a top 6 center.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Contending trades don't trade key pieces for multiple lesser pieces and futures. Even if you offered a one for one for a similar value defenseman for Schenn, his new deal hasn't even started yet and I don't think the blues are going to do him like that.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
As a Canes fan this makes no sense for St. Louis...Edmundson was scratched at times and pretty much a throw-in for Faulk, can't see them wanting him back or valuing him at all. And they're a Cup contender again this year, why would they trade away a guy like Schenn? Definitely not sellers this year leading the WC

Reactions: Tryamw

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Edmundson sucks and Wallmark is a bottom 6 player.

Schenn is a top 6 player.

how does this make sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad