TSN: STL Blues eyeballing Howard

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Howard+Nyquist+Jensen+5th? for Parayko, get 'er done Kenny. I'm sure the Blues wouldn't trade him, but he could be our defensive rock (like DDK was supposed to be) for a decade. RHS, big, mobile, minute muncher etc.

Blues lost some depth in the ROR trade, this would solidify them a good bit at each position. We could retain 50% on Howard & omit Nyquist, which would be even better.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Dreger shouldn't mention 1st rounder or Kyrou in this! Howard has been awesome, but he is a veteran goalie on an expiring contract. If we get a 2nd, I think that is a good price, with the hope for a little more.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Dreger shouldn't mention 1st rounder or Kyrou in this! Howard has been awesome, but he is a veteran goalie on an expiring contract. If we get a 2nd, I think that is a good price, with the hope for a little more.
He said "considerable price", and for a desperate team (Pitt, STL etc.) they'd be forced to pony up

Reactions: 14ari13

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Howard+Nyquist+Jensen+5th? for Parayko, get 'er done Kenny. I'm sure the Blues wouldn't trade him, but he could be our defensive rock (like DDK was supposed to be) for a decade. RHS, big, mobile, minute muncher etc.

Blues lost some depth in the ROR trade, this would solidify them a good bit at each position. We could retain 50% on Howard & omit Nyquist, which would be even better.

When you start getting to 4 pieces for 1 you should re-evaluate your proposal. Jensen and a 5th just seem like add-ons and they could get much better than that.

Great negotiating..

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
desperate or not if I were another team i'd be way too worried about him getting injured and falling apart for the 100th time to even consider trading more than like a 2nd for him

he's got way too much of a history in that regard to really be fully counted on at this point

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
With his departure team will get better pic at draft. If he stays ,he isn't going to help better team in about 4-5 years. We should trade him with something nice

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

That’s hilariously bad for the Blues

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
That’s hilariously bad for the Blues
Maybe so, however improbable, it's remotely plausible. Maybe we add a 2nd+3rd? A mid-caliber starter on a lottery team, former all-star (who got hurt just prior), posting good #'s as usual before his annual Dec/Jan groin pull....Nyquist, solid 2nd line winger, posting 1st line #'s on a lottery team, playmaker, shifty, vision, IQ, hands, 29, UFA (can be traded for last 1st at TDL and/or resigned) gives Blues flexibility, as does Howard + 2nd & 3rd+ Jensen RHD fill-in for CP. As I said, depth+flexibility+picks+desperate GM+team needs a shake up+cap space & TDL tradeable assets...

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Maybe so, however improbable, it's remotely plausible. Maybe we add a 2nd+3rd? A mid-caliber starter on a lottery team, former all-star (who got hurt just prior), posting good #'s as usual before his annual Dec/Jan groin pull....Nyquist, solid 2nd line winger, posting 1st line #'s on a lottery team, playmaker, shifty, vision, IQ, hands, 29, UFA (can be traded for last 1st at TDL and/or resigned) gives Blues flexibility, as does Howard + 2nd & 3rd+ Jensen RHD fill-in for CP. As I said, depth+flexibility+picks+desperate GM+team needs a shake up+cap space & TDL tradeable assets...

Except it’s not remotely plausible. Kind of like how Detroit is not trading Larkin for depth.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Doesn't Howard have a NTC or NMC? Why would he waive that to go to STL? And with STL at the bottom of the league why do they NEED Howard on an expiring and given his age???

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Doesn't Howard have a NTC or NMC? Why would he waive that to go to STL? And with STL at the bottom of the league why do they NEED Howard on an expiring and given his age???

No, expired last year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
When you start getting to 4 pieces for 1 you should re-evaluate your proposal. Jensen and a 5th just seem like add-ons and they could get much better than that.

Great negotiating..

What negotiating? If I was GM, of course I go for the most you can get, but I was posting what I think is the much more likely scenario.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
It's not remotely plausible. No offense but it's leaf fan level trade proposal bad. You're not getting someone like Parayko without giving up something that hurts.

Reactions: Ingvar

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Wouldn't throw in Jensen in a trade, he's useful as 6/7D considering how often the D gets injured. The team was horrible at the beginning of the season playing with an AHL defense, the young forwards won't learn anything if they're pinned in their own zone for the whole game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad