Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Alex Steen signs extension with Blues (4 years, $5.75M AAV)

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
He's been good for Blues but he'll be 37 years old when this contract expires so it's possible he will slow down the last couple of years.

At $3.5M hard cash for a $5.75M cap hit in his last year, he might be of interest to a cap floor team.

He has a NTC, however.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Good deal for the Blues.

What I find odd is that the consensus on this deal is that it is a great contract for the Blues, but when the Oil signed Lucic the HF hive mind proclaimed it will be a horrible deal in the back half of the contract. Looch will be 33 and 34 in those final 2 years, the same age as Steen in the first 2 years of his extension.

Again, I like the Steen deal, just mentioning Looch because I think it's funny how many people slammed his deal.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
Good deal for the Blues.

What I find odd is that the consensus on this deal is that it is a great contract for the Blues, but when the Oil signed Lucic the HF hive mind proclaimed it will be a horrible deal in the back half of the contract. Looch will be 33 and 34 in those final 2 years, the same age as Steen in the first 2 years of his extension.

Again, I like the Steen deal, just mentioning Looch because I think it's funny how many people slammed his deal.

Lucic .64 ppg last 4 years
steen .82 ppg last 4 years

obviously ppg isnt the defining stat but points is just half of what steener brings to the blues. so basically you get a slightly older, better offensive player, who is at worse equal defensively, who plays a game that tends to age better, for a quarter of a million less.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lucic .64 ppg last 4 years
steen .82 ppg last 4 years

obviously ppg isnt the defining stat but points is just half of what steener brings to the blues. so basically you get a slightly older, better offensive player, who is at worse equal defensively, who plays a game that tends to age better, for a quarter of a million less.
And they're not even equal defensively, Steen is far far superior in that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad