Confirmed Signing with Link: [STL] Alex Steen signs extension with Blues (4 years, $5.75M AAV)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If he keeps up his current play, good deal. I was expecting something around $6mil.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Great contract for Steen. This is a guy who has been better in his year 28-32 seasons than he was before that.

I really wanted this done before the season.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oh my

I read that originally as 3 years at 23 and I almost puked

Good deal at 4 for that amount, really important part of the team in all situations although he needs to see less PP time on the point.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Really happy with this deal as a Blues fan. It's near the high-end of what I'd be comfortable with in AAV but I'm really happy to have Steen around for another four years.

Hopefully he continues to get better with age! Haha.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's been good for Blues but he'll be 37 years old when this contract expires so it's possible he will slow down the last couple of years.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
While we're in a Steen thread, can anybody explain how Steen went from a 45-50 pts winger to a 60+ one out of nowhere? Did the Blues just give him a bigger role after Stewart turned to ****?

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
While we're in a Steen thread, can anybody explain how Steen went from a 45-50 pts winger to a 60+ one out of nowhere? Did the Blues just give him a bigger role after Stewart turned to ****?

He always had the skill just needed more ice time and being in the right system. I think he's a late bloomer in a sense.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Am I the only one who thinks this is too much money for a guy who, while still really good, is already showing signs of decline? Possession has been trending in the wrong direction last couple of seasons...

bigduga

Oct 4, 2009
Adds him to the Blues protect-list in the expansion draft...

So their seven protected forwards are: Tarasenko, Stastny, Steen, Schwartz, Perron, Jaskin...Brodziak?

Reeves at 1.25M is tough to protect, and unless there's a massive change in the way his second half goes this year, i bet they're begging Vegas to take Lehtera's 4.7M contract.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Adds him to the Blues protect-list in the expansion draft...

So their seven protected forwards are: Tarasenko, Stastny, Steen, Schwartz, Perron, Jaskin...Brodziak?

Reeves at 1.25M is tough to protect, and unless there's a massive change in the way his second half goes this year, i bet they're begging Vegas to take Lehtera's 4.7M contract.

I don't think there was a scenario that had the Blues leaving Steen unprotected anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad