Speculation: Still Still Still Much Ado About Kovy - Still Still Still Still in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
For both 1st's the Devils will need to retain a good amount on whatever contract Kovy gets (Would need to be multi-year)

I would do that deal in a heartbeat.

It sends Kovy to another conference, it gives us real solid ammo for a stacked draft and it putts us over the cap floor.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
it putts us over the cap floor.

We are literally 900k below the cap floor after bringing in Johannson and still have to sign Severson, Noesen, and Mueller. Who cares about the floor. We're basically over it already.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We are literally 900k below the cap floor after bringing in Johannson and still have to sign Severson, Noesen, and Mueller. Who cares about the floor. We're basically over it already.

True... forgot about MoJo!

Regardless, I don't think we'll get a better offer then two first round picks.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Maybe.

But you're forgetting that not all 1sts are created equal, and given the BlackHawks are one of the better teams in the NHL, their 1sts are going to be presumed to be only marginally better than high 2nd rounders. Something like #23 to #31. It's not like we're talking about a #5 and a #11. This absolutely factors into the equation.

Pretty much...

"With the addition of Kovy we expect your #1 to be 31st".

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I hate that some of you brought up DeBrincat. He's someone I really like and it sucks knowing he'll never be in a Devs jersey. My dad lives about 40 minutes south of Erie so I've seen a fair amount of him. My dad really loves him too. He was only 2 picks away. :(

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
The Rangers need centers. They have Nash, Kreider, Vesey and Buchnevich at LW and they have Zuccarello, Hayes, Fast, and Grabner at RW. I don't think there is a fit for him in NY. However, someone made a good point with Columbus. The fact that they have two Ruskies in Panarin and Bobrovsky and they are an up and coming team. I think its more likely he gets traded to Columbus. For all we know it could be done and they are crossing the tees and dotting the ies and notifying the Columbus players that are headed to Jersey.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Brooks: Kovalchuk will return to KHL for one more season, Post has learned. Will become free agent next 7/1. Am told NJ made effort to make deal.
In end, it was Kovalchuk's decision to return after Shero made attempts to make trades. Just did not work out.

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Larry Brooks†@NYP_Brooksie

Kovalchuk will return to KHL for one more season, Post has learned. Will become free agent next 7/1. Am told NJ made effort to make deal.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean until an actual source says something it might still happen right? It's Brooks and I don't get why he'd be the one with the scoop.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Gonna be 35 and 5 years removed from a full NHL season.

Yupp. And the cap hit on contracts that are signed over 35 does not go away until the contract expires, despite retirement. So good luck to him if he tries to comeback and sign a deal longer than a year or two.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
haha good for Shero. putting the foot down with Kovalquits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad