Speculation: Still Still Still Much Ado About Kovy - Still Still Still Still in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Last warning: DON'T post unverified sources, Twitter or otherwise, those posts will be deleted.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I posted this over on the main trade board and a few CBJ fans seemed to like this idea. What do you guys think.......

If I'm Columbus I offer a B prospect and a conditional pick based on how the team does in the playoffs. They have a window to really take a shot at the Cup the next two years and should be all in.

Here's how I would base the conditions on the pick.

ECQF - 4th round
ECSF - 3rd round
ECF - 2nd Round
SCF - 1st round

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I posted this over on the main trade board and a few CBJ fans seemed to like this idea. What do you guys think.......

If I'm Columbus I offer a B prospect and a conditional pick based on how the team does in the playoffs. They have a window to really take a shot at the Cup the next two years and should be all in.

Here's how I would base the conditions on the pick.

ECQF - 4th round
ECSF - 3rd round
ECF - 2nd Round
SCF - 1st round

I would decline. They get Kovalchuk for 3 years and the pick is going to be on a scale for next year?

I wouldn't do that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not that I think it has legs but if Kovy stuff is true and Hossa is LTIR bound (Expectation from Hawks thus far is given legit medical situation there will be no stopping it despite the fantasies of some NHL fans that NHL will force Hossa to play or retire) then what about a deal like this

Hawks 1st in 2018 or 2019 (Devil's choice) + Vinnie Hinostroza + Hossa's contract for Kovalchuk

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
What are you guys realistcally looking to get back in a Kovy trade? I honestly dont know the value for him right now.

Is it just picks or you guys looking for good NHL players too?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What are you guys realistcally looking to get back in a Kovy trade? I honestly dont know the value for him right now.

Honestly we're all just spitballing in terms of his value considering this is kind of unprecedented and he's gotta pick a team and come to terms. I'd take either...a defenseman/RW or picks.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly we're all just spitballing in terms of his value considering this is kind of unprecedented and he's gotta pick a team and come to terms. I'd take either...a defenseman/RW or picks.

Nikita Soshnikov/Kerby Rychel + Picks? Is that bad? Like I said, I dont know what the value is right now.

Or you guys lookin for JVR +?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I don't think anybody really knows what his value is. I've been saying for a while I think his value is more likely a 2nd + 3rd, or a 2nd + an expendable prospect. I just don't think teams want to give up a lot for a player who is still a question mark in terms of how effective he's going to be.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't think anybody really knows what his value is. I've been saying for a while I think his value is more likely a 2nd + 3rd, or a 2nd + an expendable prospect. I just don't think teams want to give up a lot for a player who is still a question mark in terms of how effective he's going to be.

Ok cool. Cuz thats along the line of what I was thinking too.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Not that I think it has legs but if Kovy stuff is true and Hossa is LTIR bound (Expectation from Hawks thus far is given legit medical situation there will be no stopping it despite the fantasies of some NHL fans that NHL will force Hossa to play or retire) then what about a deal like this

Hawks 1st in 2018 or 2019 (Devil's choice) + Vinnie Hinostroza + Hossa's contract for Kovalchuk

Both firsts.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I hope we get a really nice return, not just to help the team, but also to stick it to those folks on the main board that think Kovy is some sort of washed up nobody and that we should be happy to get a 5th rounder if anything.

I also hope this wraps up tonight, because ugh.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well nobody said WHICH Monday he'd decide by :P

We better not have to go through another thread of this :rant:

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
There hasn't been much said on twitter aside from the fact it sounds like something is close and the Hawks have been added to the mix. There are likely a few solid options for Kovy. The Hawks would be tough to say no to.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
There hasn't been much said on twitter aside from the fact it sounds like something is close and the Hawks have been added to the mix. There are likely a few solid options for Kovy. The Hawks would be tough to say no to.

The start of the Hawks stuff came from Slava Malmud. He's basically been wrong on everything about Kovy this far. He also says stuff like the Bruins are going to give an offer sheet to Eichel that Buffalo won't match. He's not quite incarcerated bob, but he's not that reliable.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
For both 1st's the Devils will need to retain a good amount on whatever contract Kovy gets (Would need to be multi-year)

Maybe.

But you're forgetting that not all 1sts are created equal, and given the BlackHawks are one of the better teams in the NHL, their 1sts are going to be presumed to be only marginally better than high 2nd rounders. Something like #23 to #31. It's not like we're talking about a #5 and a #11. This absolutely factors into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad