Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
He's still making stupid cross ice passes in the offensive zone. At least 2 horrible giveaways the last 2 games.

But other than that he's playing really well.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Came in here to say this, really fun to see him play like this. He really wants to make sure his team Canada spot is secured
Realistically, this could be his last chance to land a spot on the Olympics.

It would be so wrong to have the best Canadian goal scorer of his generation to never get a chance to play for an Olympic gold.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's still making stupid cross ice passes in the offensive zone. At least 2 horrible giveaways the last 2 games.

But other than that he's playing really well.
TBF Kuch does that too. He’s just not under the microscope like Stamkos is, because while Kuch will play like shit and turn it over five times he still ends the game with three primary assists.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada

It would be so wrong to have the best Canadian goal scorer of his generation to never get a chance to play for an Olympic gold.
Yeah, he got to play in the World Cup of Hockey in 2016 but that is nowhere near as prestigious as the Olympic games, although that was a fun little international tournament. Having 3 people apart of the Bolts and the Canadian Olympic team would be great. Already know Cooper and Point will be apart of them, just hoping they put Stamkos on as well.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

I think he makes it. 3rd line guy. Him and Point should be locks tbh. B2B cup winners.

Stamkos' health could be a factor but if he's healthy come closer to roster selection time I think he gets in.
3rd line shooter, PP1 for the shot alone. Solid vet. 2 Cups in past two years (which IS a factor. I mean look at the last olympic team Canada. It was basically the black hawks after their cup wins)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think he makes it. 3rd line guy. Him and Point should be locks tbh. B2B cup winners.

Stamkos' health could be a factor but if he's healthy come closer to roster selection time I think he gets in.
3rd line shooter, PP1 for the shot alone. Solid vet. 2 Cups in past two years (which IS a factor. I mean look at the last olympic team Canada. It was basically the black hawks after their cup wins)
Even if they were to decide that Stamkos is not among the top 12 or whatever forwards, I'd say it would make tons of sense to put him there just for the power play.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos should not be a lock at all, he needs to earn it like everyone else on the most competitive national team. Canada isn't lacking anything in leadership that Crosby, Bergeron etc don't already bring. He needs to keep showcasing his shooting cause that's the only thing that will get him on, yeah he can pass well too but so can just about every other Canadian forward.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Once again, nothing like our board trying to shit on Stamkos after being basically a PPG player last season pre-injury. Or the guy with 7 points through 3 games so far. Can't think of why Canada would want him on that team. Who wants a RH shot in the triple digits with passing ability to spare, who can play as ES and the man advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad