Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Umm...thanks Steve. I thought his play in the regular season, and certainly in the playoffs, earned him a #6 job somewhere...and that appears so...but he’d rather stay in Boston as the emergency pro D.

Always nice to hear when a player shows they really want to be here.

I’d personally rather move forward with a Lauzon, or something, if need be...but for that money, I can’t argue against bringing back a guy that showed he can succeed in this system at the highest level. Not going to find a better emergency D, I suppose.
The team appears to be putting a backup plan in place in case Lauzon, Clifton and/or Vaakanainen show that they simply aren’t ready or in Lauzon’s case, dealt elsewhere

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wish we had had Miller against St. Louis.
Or Grzelcyk the rest of game 2

I’ll never believe the Blues were better especially if Boston’s at full health

But shit happens

The Warriors healthy sweep the Raptors but thems the breaks and I’m very happy Toronto won

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
The team appears to be putting a backup plan in place in case Lauzon, Clifton and/or Vaakanainen show that they simply aren’t ready or in Lauzon’s case, dealt elsewhere
I’m no expert but think this is another step so certain defence don’t get exposed in expansion draft, this is being overlooked by many fans.

Reactions: Alicat

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I’m expecting Miller to be moved at this point. With Moore missing a few months, this allows them to carry a 7th defenseman and let the kids keep playing in Providence until they’re needed

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Solid move

This version of Kampfer I’m a big fan of

Hear good stuff about him off ice as well

Subtle move but I like it

Reactions: mikelvl

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Depth signing, hope Miller stays around. They need one D under 42 that hits and fights. Injuries will always be a concern so maybe between Miller and Kampfer you get 82 games out of them.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Solid depth resigning.
If his shot in Game 5 had not hit the post, who knows how that game ends?

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
His contract can be 100% buried in the AHL if required. A great 8th defenseman to have since he gets along with the rest of the team. Can play if necessary. Bruins had to use 12 D last year so every extra D that can play while not costing you much is a win.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
His contract can be 100% buried in the AHL if required. A great 8th defenseman to have since he gets along with the rest of the team. Can play if necessary. Bruins had to use 12 D last year so every extra D that can play while not costing you much is a win.

I said the same thing on Twitter to a bunch of people losing their shit over the signing, and they keep coming back at me with, "they have too many D" and "what about the kids"? :laugh:

I am not sure how some people can't see that this is just insurance, with literally zero risk and potentially a great move?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
The 2 year deal makes me think he might be Seattle bait. Give them a 2nd rounder and say take Kampfer instead of someone more important.

People used this reasoning to justify the Moore signing. Which of our two 7th D is Seattle gonna select???

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I said the same thing on Twitter to a bunch of people losing their **** over the signing, and they keep coming back at me with, "they have too many D" and "what about the kids"? :laugh:

I am not sure how some people can't see that this is just insurance, with literally zero risk and potentially a great move?

Oh Bruins Twitter...... So stupid.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
good signing.
He played well in the playoffs too.
His shot goes 1 inch lower game 5 is tied 1-1 early in the third.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I said the same thing on Twitter to a bunch of people losing their **** over the signing, and they keep coming back at me with, "they have too many D" and "what about the kids"? :laugh:

So many people think the kids are going to come right in and be studs but thankfully the Bruins front office isn't all rainbows and sunshine.

Kampfer is good insurance in case these kids show they still aren't ready.

I love that he turned down 4 other teams to come here for 2 years knowing he may not play much or play in Providence.

That speaks volumes of his character and maturity..

Oh and congrats to Kampfer and his wife on the new baby!

Reactions: Estlin and BMC

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I don't consider Moore a 7th defenseman.
I can see why you wouldn't be he got outplayed by Grz for the job that Moore was brought in to do, often becoming a healthy scratch (rightfully so). On this team, barring any trade of a LHD, he's a 7th defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad