Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman to be introduced as new GM of Detroit | Pat Verbeek joins him as AGM

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yzerman's best skill is delegation. As long as JBB lets Al Murray handle the scouting the way Yzerman did, we're not gonna have any problems there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yzerman's best skill is delegation. As long as JBB lets Al Murray handle the scouting the way Yzerman did, we're not gonna have any problems there.

JBB was saying at the draft that nothing has changed as far how they prepare for the draft and FA. I dont know if JBB will ever be quite be as good as SY was as a GM but I think we will be fine with him. He's been around SY for his whole time here and it wasnt his first organization he worked for in the NHL. He's got plenty of experience to look back on. Great replacement for SY after he left.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Detroit's Director of Amateur Scouting position is vacant.

giphy.gif

Al Murray is locked up, but what about the rest?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

giphy.gif

I'm sure Yzerman will poach a guy or two. He sort of did that when he came to TB too. A lot of our scouting staff/management are former Red Wings, or have connections to the Red Wings, most notably Stacey Roest. But I think we locked up the important ones.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

giphy.gif

I doubt they're going anywhere. The only one I'd really worry about is Stacy Roest but even then it's not like Detroit is going to offer them a superior position. It would be a lateral move at best. Mathieu Darche is all but safe because we only just hired him and he has no relation with Yzerman at all.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm sure Yzerman will poach a guy or two. He sort of did that when he came to TB too. A lot of our scouting staff/management are former Red Wings, or have connections to the Red Wings, most notably Stacey Roest. But I think we locked up the important ones.
Roest just got the AGM title in Tampa a month ago.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Some of the scouts were actually here pre-Yzerman, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to jump ship. I just noticed Mike Angelidis was named a scout and I guess I just missed it.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Some of the scouts were actually here pre-Yzerman, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to jump ship. I just noticed Mike Angelidis was named a scout and I guess I just missed it.
I know all the regular Scouts have one year left on there deals. Murray and Rooster got multi year extensions and both promoted to Assistant GM's. So I assume they can only leave for a NHL GM job after these promotions were signed ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad