Steve Ott

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
CPR didn't play that much together so you don't know how much they would produce. They looked great and actually dominated the LA like I never seen a fourth line do. They were a force out there and $2,5 mill cheaper.

I was posting same thing. I think CPR was beast mode against LA couple year ago.

We have now Ott- Lapierre - Reaves, that simple. I'm fine with them. I think main whipping arses has to put. Bergy, Oshie, Backes, Stastny. They have been terrible. Ofc not a mention about Cole, Butler or Jackman.

Seriously I think we maybe got slim change on post-season, but if Army will make good decisions on summer we may find better and trully team who can be serious contender. This team isnt ready for big one yet.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
CPR didn't play that much together so you don't know how much they would produce. They looked great and actually dominated LA and other teams like I never seen a Blues fourth line do. They were a force out there and $2,5 mill cheaper.

Yes they were a force and for all that offensive zone pressure, it never turned into a goal. I don't have an issue with lappy in anyway. I agree on Ott's cost though.

RR10*

Yes they were a force and for all that offensive zone pressure, it never turned into a goal. I don't have an issue with lappy in anyway. I agree on Ott's cost though.
CPR got to play at the end of the season and dominated every team. I remember LA fans particulary were really impressed. OLR are not as dominant in the o-zone and not as good at the forecheck and cycle. And they have a higher TOI which affect their numbers. Ott has at times been on the third line with better linemates and even Lapierre if I remember. I'm pretty sure that CPR, the way they played, could match the numbers of OLR this year. Let's not forget they are 2,5 mill cheaper = Lehtera.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
CPR got to play at the end of the season and dominated every team. I remember LA fans particulary were really impressed. OLR are not as dominant in the o-zone and not as good at the forecheck and cycle. And they have a higher TOI which affect their numbers. I'm pretty sure that CPR, the way they played, could match the numbers of OLR this year. Let's not forget they are 2,5 mill cheaper = Lehtera.

Perhaps.....and I'm not saying they weren't impressive because they were. They were a beast on the forcheck and seriously took it to LA, BUT no goals ever came of that. Lappy has good offensive instincts and a decent shot. I would be fine if ott was replaced. I like what he brings, just not at his price tag. But he has shown an improvement from last year and he looks better as the year goes on.

RR10*

Perhaps.....and I'm not saying they weren't impressive because they were. They were a beast on the forcheck and seriously took it to LA, BUT no goals ever came of that. Lappy has good offensive instincts and a decent shot. I would be fine if ott was replaced. I like what he brings, just not at his price tag. But he has shown an improvement from last year and he looks better as the year goes on.
Really?

Cracknell 20 games, 6 pts, +3 TOI 8:36
Steve Ott 26 games, 5 pts -0, TOI 12:37

Porter 29 games, 8 pts, +5 TOI 11:38
Lapierre 26 games, 5 pts, -2 TOI 10:18

CPR is better defensively and offensively and costs $2,5 mill less.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lets compare the offense then:

Adam Cracknell 20 games, 6 pts, +3 TOI 8:36
Steve Ott 26 games, 5 pts -0, TOI 12:37

Porter 29 games, 8 pts, +5 TOI 11:38
Lapierre 26 games, 5 pts, -2 TOI 10:18

CPR is better defensively and offensively and costs $2,5 mill less.
I don't remember porter or Cracknall being used to kill penalties. That would have an impact of the +/-, I'm assuming that's where your getting "better defensively". I'm on my phone so I can dig through old stats with ease.

As to my statement that goals weren't scored. I'm specifically talking about the LA series. I don't recall much of that season besides that series

RR10*

I don't remember porter or Cracknell being used to kill penalties. That would have an impact of the +/-.
Why would killing penalties impact the +/-?

As to my statement that goals weren't scored. I'm specifically talking about the LA series. I don't recall much of that season besides that series
It's not a fourth liners duty to score goals. While we are at it, CPR scored 1 goal against LA, OLR scored 1 against Chicago..

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why would killing penalties impact the +/-?

It's not a fourth liners duty to score goals. While we are at it, CPR scored 1 goal against LA, OLR scored 1 against Chicago..

If your a man down the chances of being scored on are better. Especially with our cotton soft PK.

Touche'.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad