Steve Montador Passed Away

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Montador said the injury caused a disruption in the neural transmitters in his brain, and coupled with not being able to play the sport he loves, depression set in.

"I can see why people have a hard time with … being taken away from something they love to do and not sure if you'd ever get back the chance," Montador said. "There's a lot of uncertainty, a lot of fear, a lot of anxiety and depression that comes with that. I've had a lot of help to work through that, and I feel like I've taken the right steps."

A conditioning stint with Rockford has been discussed to get Montador into game shape, but for now, just being around his teammates has brought joy.

"Here we are, I can smile and talk about it a little bit and get on the ice," Montador said. "It's a brand new day."

:( so sad

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@LukeJAdam: So sad to hear the passing of my former teammate Steve Montador. I will always remember how good you were to me as a rookie Monty. #RIP

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
From http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=97306231&postcount=42

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...-montador-found-dead-at-his-mississauga-home/

Former NHL player Steven Montador was found dead inside his Mississauga home early Sunday morning, according to Peel Regional Police.

Police said a female friend woke up at 2 a.m. to find Montador deceased. She contacted police and he was pronounced dead just after 2:30 a.m. at his residence.

"Foul play is not suspected, pending the outcome of an autopsy," said Const. Fiona Thivierge, a Peel police spokesperson.

At this time, Thivierge said, the incident is being treated as a sudden death investigation, not a criminal investigation.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
That's really terrible. Always seemed like a good guy, and had some good games for the Sabres. Condolences to his family and friends.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
@mirtle
Steve Montador's death believed to be a suicide. He suffered from concussions and depression. Difficult financial situation too I'd heard.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
That is absoultely tragic. Really hits home, as depression runs in my family and I've seen it ruin the lives of so many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad