Steve Downie

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Downie is the best 3rd line RW we've had since I can't even remember, other than deadline deals when we would bring in a guy like Morrow, but to start seasons we've had guys like Kennedy, Kobasew, D'Agostini on RW. I liked the Downie signing, I wanted him since his days with the Bolts.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You can throw him in the large pile of Penguins players that don't contribute much

Downie has been one of our better contributors this year. He brings more fire than anyone on the team, he's the only one to regularly stand up for his teammates, he's great in possession, and he's a pretty nifty playmaker.

He's been a great signing.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Downie is a healthy scratch tonight vs Ottawa. While it sucks that Adams continues to play, Downie has been invisible since the Winnipeg game.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Zero reason for Downie to sit while Sill and Adams play. That is absolutely ridiculous.

penguins2946*

Downie is sick according to Yohe, or at least someone in the GDT said that Yohe said that Downie is sick

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Downie has been dreadful week after week after week. I just said last night he will be the next player scratched. To be scratched for Sill is hilarious. Again, I give a big thumbs up to MJ. Finally a coach that gets it. BB was totally dogging it on the ice and he was scratched multiple games. Downie has been the absolute worse frwd we had outside Arcobello the past month and just takes really dumb penalties. He needs to sit.

BB has been given chances and his effort level this season is pathetic.

Downie started off fine (like he had with many teams) and just is losing his head again.

At this point, I would be fine with moving Downie. Come playoff time we don't need a pseudo tough guy taking dumb penalties out there that James Neal use to do constantly.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Downie has been dreadful week after week after week. I just said last night he will be the next player scratched. To be scratched for Sill is hilarious. Again, I give a big thumbs up to MJ. Finally a coach that gets it. BB was totally dogging it on the ice and he was scratched multiple games. Downie has been the absolute worse frwd we had outside Arcobello the past month and just takes really dumb penalties. He needs to sit.

Downie started off fine (like he had with many teams) and just is losing his head again.

At this point, I would be fine with moving Downie. Come playoff time we don't need a pseudo tough guy taking dumb penalties out there that James Neal use to do constantly.

Craig, shouldn't you be focused on playing the game currently going on in Ottawa rather than trying to drag your teammates through the mud? Sorry your buddy Bylsma is gone.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
My only gripe on Downie is that he gets targeted for penalties he doesn't deserve, and gets every one he does deserve called regardless of game situation. He can play-make well for a winger, but seriously I would be terrified late in a key game every time he touched the ice.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

you again

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Hey! I've never watched hockey and have no idea what is going on out there either! You and I should hang out!:sarcasm:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Apparently the reason Downie is scratched is he sick so carry on with your rant

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
anyone who watched the game last must have seen how much better he is thn the rest of 3-rd nd 4-th liners. He made 4th line looked good, ll while 3rd line and its beleguarded center had worst possession played game of the season...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We read too much into ****, it's a back 2 back game, if he's not feeling well, he sits and that's what we know, now we're just assuming it's more than that because that's what this fan base has become, pessimists that latch on to the negative.

He's been great for a 1m/1yr guy that has brought some life to the bottom 6. The next best step would be to finally get rid of Sill and Adams in favor of guys that bring more to the table than those two do (which isn't all that hard).

Without making a trade...

Kunitz, Crosby, Perron
Comeau, Malkin, Hornqvist
Spaling, Sutter, Bennett
Farnham, Lapierre, Downie

*Dun-dun-nah-nAAAAAAH*
Captain Negativity!

No Quarter*

Lmfao

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
The problem with scratching Downie is that it shows some players are held accountable and some aren't. The fact that Scudams haven't been scratched once all year is mind boggling. New gm/coach with the same old crap. Pens will fail in the playoffs yet again and it will be due to a lack of accountability, again.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria

Go away Craig.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

You already post with your Dear Diary account. Did you really have to sign up for a different account just to post the same kind of stuff?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Any idea why he hasn't played the last two games? Will he slot in against San Jose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad