Rumor: Stetcher rumblings

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Stecher is too versatile to be moved right now. He is the type of guy that can actually play a top 4 role (Better then Jordie) if a member of our main top 4 gets injured. Don't like to see him get traded at all. I really like our current make up of our Defence, and he shouldn't be moved unless is something as someone said, too good to be turned down.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not sure the Leafs would really be interested, but something around Kapanen/Johnsson + Holl for Stetcher + Schaller @ 50% + pick may be something the Leafs explore.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Kapanen for Stecher could be a good base for a trade. But i wouldnt want to give up Schaller so easily. He looks so good this year...
but i get it, u gotta give to get i guess :-/

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
his value would be pretty low. not playing alot of mins doesnt help as well. last year he was good. travis green just doesnt like him period.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Maybe they’re adding to him and Barrie will be part of the deal? Wouldn’t be shocked if he asks for a trade and Vancouver were after him in June.

The Leafs are an awesome team but Tyson Barrie went from QB’ing one of the best PP’s in hockey and being the guy with the puck on his stick the majority of his ES shifts to now being on the second PP unit while being restricted to a pass first game in Bab’s system even though he has always created offensive and started his puck moving with his feet.

I actually don't hate it. Stecher might actually be a better playstyle fit, is 400k cheaper, and under team control next year.

Nucks fans, what would you add?

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
depending on his price, Ottawa should be in on this, young rd who is an rfa

especially with Ottawa most likely trading demelo at some point this season
Ottawa could be a great place for Stecher and Ive also been thinking Demelo would be a decent return as well.
Ottawa also has alot of 2nd/3rd rnd picks to parlay with Demelo.

Stecher being on 3rd pair is a testimant of Canucks depth on the right side now along with finally having youth pushing up from Utica.

Stecher is also a sign of Benning finally having quality trade assets unlike the past. Also I dont think Jim is in any hurry to trade Stecher as yes, he definately helps in the 3rd pairing.

Stecher
For
Demelo+2019 conditional 2nd(Ott choses which of the 3)

Should be sufficient for both sides

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tanev is a ufa at the end of the season. He turns 30 late this year. No idea if they want to or can afford to sign him given that none of the bad contracts outside of schaller’s $1.9 comes off the books and they have no room this season to account for rookie bonuses. Thus it gets pushed to next season eating up a couple of million dollars of cap space.

Stecher is a rfa as is fantenberg.

goal is to make the playoffs. So, they’re going to keep him. They may move off him in the summer but they have time to make that decision.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I just don't see any benefit to moving him unless he somehow brings back a legit top 6 winger. Because the latter is unlikely, we should keep him.

Stecher is a solid RHD who has looked fine in our top 4 the last two seasons. Towards the end of last season he had even looking like he turned a corner and was playing his best hockey. Circumstance and depth has pushed him down the line up, but that is a good problem to have when you're pushing for a playoff spot. He's also a local guy signed to a good contract.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Kapanen for Stecher could be a good base for a trade. But i wouldnt want to give up Schaller so easily. He looks so good this year...
but i get it, u gotta give to get i guess :-/
Schaller is doing exactly what he brought in to do this year.....after a tough year last year.

I don't think we resign him next season (depending on how some of our prospects do), but certainly keep him around this year, especially if we stay in the playoff hunt.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think Stecher is for sale. Myers has played a little better than advertised, Tanev had been the perfect partner to our future number one in Hughes, and Stecher has been rock solid, but hasn't really justified bumping the other two pairings down from their ice time.

I'm not opposed to trading Stecher, but so far he's far more valuable to a team with huge numbers of injuries to their top four D every year then anything I've seen here.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Feistiness is what the Leafs need. What would it take?
Its tough to make a trade with the us & the Leafs tbh because both teams are capped out(well, we've got 3 million, but that's already accounted for when Antoine Roussel comes off IR)

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
his value would be pretty low. not playing alot of mins doesnt help as well. last year he was good. travis green just doesnt like him period.

I keep seeing his value is low since he hasn't played much this year, well it's the same value as last year, a decent 4 D RHD. Just cause he's playing less should not
lower his value, anyone trading for him know what he can do, and why this year he is playing less minutes. Would't you think? Just curious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad