Rumor: Stetcher rumblings

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

McKenzie saying Leafs and a few other teams interested....

Awful time to consider trading him as Canucks would be selling low right now as his minutes have been reduced.

Stetcher has been imo the most solid Canucks d man in the last 2 years.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44 and BHD

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Here is what you need for the rumblings

tenor.gif

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Leafs would have to find a taker for Ceci but if they can it would make a lot of sense, he's definitely an upgrade there

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why would Vancouver trade him if he's young-ish and a solid RHD? They can't expect a big haul for him
Maybe they’re adding to him and Barrie will be part of the deal? Wouldn’t be shocked if he asks for a trade and Vancouver were after him in June.

The Leafs are an awesome team but Tyson Barrie went from QB’ing one of the best PP’s in hockey and being the guy with the puck on his stick the majority of his ES shifts to now being on the second PP unit while being restricted to a pass first game in Bab’s system even though he has always created offensive and started his puck moving with his feet.

He has a huge shot at a Stanley Cup in Toronto but he’s also at risk of losing out on milllions and millions of dollars on his next deal. Gotta assume he’s not happy right now. It’s not Toronto’s fault. Reilly is deservingly in that PP1 spot. But heading into the final year of his contract this is definitely not the type of season Tyson Barrie had in mind.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
That’s true... but beyond Benn and injury prone Tanev the Canucks are not strong the right side.

They're much stronger than have been in the past with Myers stabilizing the top 4. Of course if you take any teams 3 top RH defenceman out of the line up, every team suffers.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Maybe they’re adding to him and Barrie will be part of the deal? Wouldn’t be shocked if he asks for a trade and Vancouver were after him in June.

The Leafs are an awesome team but Tyson Barrie went from QB’ing one of the best PP’s in hockey and being the guy with the puck on his stick the majority of his ES shifts to now being on the second PP unit while being restricted to a pass first game in Bab’s system even though he has always created offensive and started his puck moving with his feet.

He has a huge shot at a Stanley Cup in Toronto but he’s also at risk of losing out on milllions and millions of dollars on his next deal. Gotta assume he’s not happy right now. It’s not Toronto’s fault. Reilly is deservingly in that PP1 spot. But heading into the final year of his contract this is definitely not the type of season Tyson Barrie had in mind.

Doubt the Leafs would trade Barrie this early. We got him to finally have a top 4 RHD so trading him brings us back to square one. I hope we can somehow unload Ceci and grab Stetcher instead

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Why bother...

Stech would have more value than he has right now, but it's the coaches fault on why his value is so low. Last season Stecher was one of the only bright spots for the team. This year Green is barely playing him.
The Canucks are just going to lose another quality player for a crap return. Stupid Green should be playing Stecher more, and throwing him back into some of the situations that he was used in last year. Throw him on the PK again and give him more minutes, not less.

This team is so aggravating at times, they take good players such as Baertschi and Stecher, and make them look bad by not playing them.

Keep Stech for depth, and not lose a quality player to another crappy Benning trade.

Reactions: bh53

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Why would he flyers be interested in another RHD? AV just said he wants to get Morin in the lineup, but the D have been playing well and we have Myers waiting to come up too?

Not to mention we have 7 D in the NHL. Maybe a Hagg for Stretcher trade. I’d be fine with that.

Reactions: Jtown

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
We have some pretty good D prospects in Utica with Saunter, Rafferty, Brisebois, Joulevi, and possibly Tryamkin at the end of his KHL season. I just don't know that any of the first 4 I listed are better than Stecher, he is very solid.

I have to assume that teams see him as a #4 who is playing on the third pairing and are hoping for a value trade. I don't even know what his value would be, but I'd have hard time if he went for less than a 2nd or 3rd and a decent prospect. There is not a ton of motivation for the Canucks to make a deal, as they don't have a surefire replacement lined up.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
They’d really be selling low. Poor usage this year and a heavy cap hit for bottom pair guy.

Don’t know how much they could receive in return.

If Leafs were in on him, Ceci is likely out in another deal and hopefully the Leafs would use a forward like Kapanen to upgrade the Top 4D.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What would the jets offer? I feel like the Canucks would want a d prospect or pick back.
What pick are you thinking? We don't have much for D prospects that we'd be willing to move that are also valuable enough to get Stecher, we're pretty thin in that department.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
What pick are you thinking? We don't have much for D prospects that we'd be willing to move that are also valuable enough to get Stecher, we're pretty thin in that department.
What would it take to work around a Niku or Stanley deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad