Confirmed with Link: Stephenson traded for 5th round pick in 2021

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Essentially every Caps forward prospect is a high motor-type, defensively responsible type. Pirri would at least bring a scoring touch to Hershey that's lacking ever since Boyd was promoted, and provide an offensive call-up option other than Sgarbossa. Zykov would similarly have more offensive upside than the Caps prospects in Hershey, but less stylistic difference.

OTOH, Pirri would be party (directly) in giving up more goals than he scores. He is a turnover machine. Do you want that trade-off?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
OTOH, Pirri would be party (directly) in giving up more goals than he scores. He is a turnover machine. Do you want that trade-off?
This is primarily an AHL job. Pirri is an excellent AHL player, and definitely not a net negative at that level. The NHL responsibilities would only be as a call-up and spare part, in which case he'd largely be playing a sheltered role with situational minutes.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Front Office

"President of Hockey Operations, Alt. Governor - George McPhee"

He's the top of the Hockey Ops org chart.
Poor choice of words. I meant the report I heard is he was wanting to give up the roster stuff and move to bigger picture stuff. My only point was that my understanding is he wouldn’t be a player in a roster move. I could be wrong though.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Should have known hk would beat me to it haha

Someone check on @maacoshark

I just did. He's not taking this well...
sne22rjbbqu21.gif

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
So if it really is Vegas we're dealing him to the news not breaking until later tonight makes me speculate it's someone who's playing vs. NYR tonight so they can't announce it until the game is over. Vegas AHL team isn't in action tonight so it can't be someone from them causing the delay. Vegas is also in complete total salary cap hell though. Not really sure how this works unless it's a similar salary coming back and it's a hockey trade... If that's the case and no other pieces or parts are involved does that leave William Carrier, Tomas Nosek and Deryk Engellend...? not anything I really want there lol.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
So if it really is Vegas we're dealing him to the news not breaking until later tonight makes me speculate it's someone who's playing vs. NYR tonight so they can't announce it until the game is over. Vegas AHL team isn't in action tonight so it can't be someone from them causing the delay. Vegas is also in complete total salary cap hell though. Not really sure how this works unless it's a similar salary coming back and it's a hockey trade... If that's the case and no other pieces or parts are involved does that leave William Carrier, Tomas Nosek and Deryk Engellend...? not anything I really want there lol.
Fleury is away from the team for family reasons so Sparks is up on emergency recall. I think he has to be sent back or Eakin needs to go on IR first.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I hope it’s for something crazy like a conditional 3rd round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna