At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ovi - Kuzy - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom - Oshie
Hagelin - Eller - Boyd
Leipsic - Dowd - Hathaway

..... that’s one hell of a lineup. Wow. Plus, if all else fails they have some saved cap space now for a move in the future.

I think all 13 forwards deserve a spot in the lineup every night so it's going to be tough to scratch someone but I imagine Panik gets the nod over Boyd if everyone is healthy.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
CS is a NHL'er, just not on a Top 10 team, or top 15 team, or a playoff team ;)
He was pretty decent the last dozen games, threw some good hits, had scoring chances
Good luck to him elsewhere, maybe he can go Conno/Bura route and find his game more

Reactions: Silky mitts

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Farewell Chandler Stephenson. You weren't hated here, despite what some spin here. This is just business and we're all thankful of your contribution. You came up through the ranks, earned a spot, and won a Stanley Cup which will never be forgotten. Good luck in your career!

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ovi - Kuzy - Wilson
Hagelin - Eller - Boyd

..... that’s one hell of a lineup. Wow. Plus, if all else fails they have some saved cap space now for a move in the future.

That third line is pretty bad. Its got two 4th liners on it. Really hope Panik picks it up.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think all 13 forwards deserve a spot in the lineup every night so it's going to be tough to scratch someone but I imagine Panik gets the nod over Boyd if everyone is healthy.

I have a hard time seeing Panik scratched over Boyd, I think the Caps keep sending Panik out there until he finds his game... showing faint signs of coming around lately. Boyd I think is just the guy they want as a 13th forward.... comes in when there's an injury, works his tail off and chips in some offense. I don't see Boyd replacing anyone in this lineup long term, sans injury.

Edit, misread your words, did you mean Panik gets scratched over Boyd when everyone is healthy? I disagree there... I think Boyd is the odd man out when we have 13 to choose from.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I have a hard time seeing Panik scratched over Boyd, I think the Caps keep sending Panik out there until he finds his game... showing faint signs of coming around lately. Boyd I think is just the guy they want as a 13th forward.... comes in when there's an injury, works his tail off and chips in some offense. I don't see Boyd replacing anyone in this lineup long term, sans injury.

Edit, misread your words, did you mean Panik gets scratched over Boyd when everyone is healthy? I disagree there... I think Boyd is the odd man out when we have 13 to choose from.

Sorry if I wasn't clear: I think Panik gets a sweater before Boyd. I think we have 13 forwards deserving of a spot in the lineup every night so it sucks that someone won't get to play but if everyone is healthy it's Boyd eating nachos.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Ovi - Kuzy - Wilson
Hagelin - Eller - Boyd

I’m so mad I forgot about Panik and don’t have him on 3rd line. I blame it being too early this morning when I posted this: sorry everyone!

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
It's actually kind of amazing how much our top 6 has solidified. Some teams have been continually searching for top 6 guys since the dawn of time.

The Caps searched for a 2nd line Center for most all of McPhee's tenure, he tried everyone he could find. Only once Kuzy developed did we finally plug that long term hole. Then we needed to find a 3rd line C, so we just grabbed the Tiger.

You really can't win much without being really strong up the middle 1,2,3 C.

Reactions: tenken00

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sorry if I wasn't clear: I think Panik gets a sweater before Boyd. I think we have 13 forwards deserving of a spot in the lineup every night so it sucks that someone won't get to play but if everyone is healthy it's Boyd eating nachos.

Oh then we are in agreement. But lets argue about this for 27 more posts anyway, because isn't that what we're supposed to do here?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The Caps searched for a 2nd line Center for most all of McPhee's tenure, he tried everyone he could find. Only once Kuzy developed did we finally plug that long term hole. Then we needed to find a 3rd line C, so we just grabbed the Tiger.

You really can't win much without being really strong up the middle 1,2,3 C.
Kuzy and Wilson's development made the difference. They solidified the top 6 and kept some decent players down the lineup.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad