Confirmed with Link: Stephenson traded for 5th round pick in 2021

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
wonder if it could by Zykov
Seems possible. Zykov just cleared waivers, so they can assign him directly to Hershey. Would help the Bears Top 6, and provide depth scoring for any injuries that crop up. With Leason's slow start to the year and Gersich's sideways development, there's not much in the way of points producers they can call up from Hershey right now, but they have an abundance of PK/checking/energy types. Zykov at least gives them an option besides Sgarbossa should they need scoring depth if injuries hit again.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
CS18 sealed his ticket out of town when he went to Arb and got overpaid. Djoos as well. Bing supposedly had a great camp so the Caps gave him a longer look to see if he was worth his contract, but then the regular season he was same old same old.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Would prefer this to Zykov

edit; Ehhh, maybe. Pirri might be too similar to Boyd. Zykov at least brings something a little different in terms of his offensive playstyle. Although Pirri is definitely more proven and has a higher upside.

Try as the team might, Pirri could never be taught to be defensively responsible. Zukov was putting in tremendous effort when PED crashed down. Having watched both, I'd take Zykov every time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Try as the team might, Pirri could never be taught to be defensively responsible. Zukov was putting in tremendous effort when PED crashed down. Having watched both, I'd take Zykov every time.

Essentially every Caps forward prospect is a high motor-type, defensively responsible type. Pirri would at least bring a scoring touch to Hershey that's lacking ever since Boyd was promoted, and provide an offensive call-up option other than Sgarbossa. Zykov would similarly have more offensive upside than the Caps prospects in Hershey, but less stylistic difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->