Movies: Stephen King's It (Reboot)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Fun movie and the kids really made the film. Didn't quite feel like a horror film.

I must say, I can't see the 2nd film being as good. Having kids terrorized by an evil clown-being is one thing, selling a bunch of adults being terrified by It when they already kicked It's ass as children is a little too ridiculous.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Fun movie and the kids really made the film. Didn't quite feel like a horror film.

I must say, I can't see the 2nd film being as good. Having kids terrorized by an evil clown-being is one thing, selling a bunch of adults being terrified by It when they already kicked It's ass as children is a little too ridiculous.

We shall see. Director recently said part 2 will be darker

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
My biggest complaint was that despite the many opportunities to do so, IT really didn't rack up much of a kill list

The movie opens by showing Pennywise as a ruthless killer when he bites the arm off a child and then drags him into the sewer

Okay, cool

But what was he waiting for with the rest of the children?

He had each of them alone and what did he do?

Yes, it was explained that IT couldn't kill them if they weren't afraid, but they didn't build up that courage until later

In their first encounters with Pennywise, they each **** themselves - and rightfully so!

Last edited:

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
My biggest complaint was that despite the many opportunities to do so, IT really didn't rack up much of a kill list

The movie opens by showing Pennywise as a ruthless killing when he bites the arm off a child and then drags him into the sewer

Okay, cool

Yes, it was explained that IT couldn't kill them if they weren't afraid, but they didn't build up that courage until later

In their first encounters with Pennywise, they each **** themselves - and rightfully so!
My first thought was they needed to be drawn into the sewer system or be in that house to get killed. That obviously fits in the case of Georgie and the bully. Bev's interactions seemed to be through the bathroom pipe.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
My first thought was they needed to be drawn into the sewer system or be in that house to get killed. That obviously fits in the case of Georgie and the bully. Bev's interactions seemed to be through the bathroom pipe.

They were in the house

The worst thing IT did was harmlessly suck face with one of them

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
They were in the house

The worst thing IT did was harmlessly suck face with one of them
I thought the biggest gripes were with their initial encounters around town? Inside the house, [SPOIL]I only remember Richie and Eddie having close calls alone and they were saved by fortunate circumstances.[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The movie opens by showing Pennywise as a ruthless killer when he bites the arm off a child and then drags him into the sewer

Okay, cool

They are under protection of the turtle. That doesn't mean they can't be killed, it just means that they aren't your average red shirt fodder.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
That was such a wholesome movie about friendship and growing up - I loved it. Take away the clown and it's still a great coming of age film.

My only gripe was that Ben didn't the girl.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The cast of It Chapter Two will be guests on Conan this Wednesday night. Scheduled to appear are James McAvoy ( Bill ), Jessica Chastain ( Beverly ), Bill Hader ( Richie ), Isaiah Mustafa ( Mike ), Jay Ryan ( Ben ), James Ransone ( Eddie ) and Andy Bean ( Stanley ). The show will come from the San Diego Comic-Con 2019.

MV5BMjE4ODExNTc1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzk5MjgwODM@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad