221B Baker Street
WTF is this discount Pennywise ? :laugh: :biglaugh:

144592.jpg

pennywise-ew-00054120.jpg

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Doesn't even come close to being as frightening as Tim Curry's version.

He made an entire generation of children afraid of clowns

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The best part of Curry's incarnation was that it wasn't in our face every second of the movie.

I am still holding out hope, I really liked Finn Wolfhard in Stranger Things so hopefully the rest of the child cast does a good job.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I thought Pennywise as an entity dated back hundreds of years which might explain the older style costume.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
IDK, it looks pretty creepy. Its tough to compare because I was an actual kid when the Curry version was out and it terrified me for weeks on end, so its not fair to this version based on that alone.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I thought Pennywise as an entity dated back hundreds of years which might explain the older style costume.

Aye, so the costume is pretty much on point. That clown looks too nerdy though. But hard not comparing him with Curry's perfect portrayal anyway.

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
They should just get Tim Curry again!

Have you seen him recently?

This suit seems much more in line with the book. I don't have my copy at home with me but when the kids first see the clown, he has the old fashioned suit. It is silver and grey with big bright orange buttons. They even got the hair and the cracked makeup right. Pennywise should not look like a normal clown.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
[...] He was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big ornage buttons. A bright tie, electric blue, flopped down his front and on his hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore. [...]

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
[...] He was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big ornage buttons. A bright tie, electric blue, flopped down his front and on his hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore. [...]

Hahaha **** I need to read the book again.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
I wonder how it will turn out. I recommend this book to anybody who enjoys the horror genre. Scared the absolute **** out of me when I read it as a teenager.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
shouldn't be too hard to improve on the TV movie. that was pretty bad.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Doesn't even come close to being as frightening as Tim Curry's version.

He made an entire generation of children afraid of clowns

I saw IT when I was younger and then again years later and thought Curry's portrayal had a couple scary moments but overall was more campy than anything else. But that's just me. Will have to see how this one does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad