Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Wtf... I remember when MB made mention of how he had to reassure Price that people liked him at his season end presser (said more or less the same thing as this), I thought this was one of Bargainbin's usual bullshit lines that he comes up with in the heat of the moment cause his brain is too small to come up with any type of creative excuse that makes sense.

But if true... does Price need some serious sports Psychology? Your job, when you're paid 10.5 million, is to be at the top of your game day in day out no matter what. If this is true, this is utterly pathetic and embarrassing for the guy that's supposedly the real leader of this team (and whose face is plastered all over the Bell Centre).

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
the 10.5M is too much, but it's manageable if they build the team the right way going forward.

moving on from Pacioretty (assuming 7M+), Shaw, Alzner, Schelmko would save $18M. Another $15M is available if you consider Johnny Capspace and Plekanec's departure.

Max could land a couple of core pieces to go along with the #3 pick. Add prospects and picks. The team needs more players on ELCs and cheap bridge deals. A couple of years down the line, when there's a bit of organizational depth, fill needs with trades and free agency.

The 10.5 will hurt if they keep adding overpriced vets.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
the 10.5M is too much, but it's manageable if they build the team the right way going forward.

moving on from Pacioretty (assuming 7M+), Shaw, Alzner, Schelmko would save $18M. Another $15M is available if you consider Johnny Capspace and Plekanec's departure.

Max could land a couple of core pieces to go along with the #3 pick. Add prospects and picks. The team needs more players on ELCs and cheap bridge deals. A couple of years down the line, when there's a bit of organizational depth, fill needs with trades and free agency.

The 10.5 will hurt if they keep adding overpriced vets.
The 10.5 only hurts until the cap rises, which it will definitely do once Seattle's expansion fee checque clears.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
FUNNY, top goalie in the world, as well he has carried this team for ever, becuase MB could never find scoring,
and fans are upset with up,

so fickle fans are,

Okay Yoda.

Actually that's all I wanted to say.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
...sometimes I feel like Habs fans do not deserve a winning team. The guy has a personal off year with a crap team in front of him and a fool for a GM who denied accountability mid year, then the French media jump on his back with made up rumours of marriage issues to blame. No wonder the guy felt unwanted and beaten down. This is not brain-dead Evander Kane we're talking about here.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I was jesting a bit.

Seriously though, money is far from the pursuit of happiness, but alas, it helps to leviate a good deal of worries that ordinary folks have to deal with.

As for my dog, she was amazing. I miss her still, 30 months going now:

If she was still here, she'd probably wave hello at you

And then she'd probably laugh at the fact Price had an emotional booboo

I like Price btw.
20150505_092615.jpg

Mine looks very similar. Beautiful dog

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Some stars/millionaires SEEM to have it all, yet take their own lives...

Gotta love some of these ignorant comments.

I'm not talking about all stars though, am I Dr Phil? Try and stay on point.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Look you don't need to care about Price's mental condition but if you have shite views just keep them to yourself. The psychology of a person is nothing to mess with or joke around about IMO. I'm sure I have been guilty of it before too but it really isn't a good thing to joke about.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you can’t handle the pressure and the adversity, retire back to Anahim Lake. Saddled with an 84 million dollar contract on a guy clearly on the downside of his career. This is worse than when Mike Milbury signed Rick Dipietro to a 15 year contract.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
The hate Price is getting right now is unbelievable, but not surprising when it comes to hab fans. This fanbase would turn on Beliveau if given half a chance. The contract is awful, as was his play this season, but this guy has carried a shitty team for most of his career, hasnt he earned some leeway? Maybe the 70 games a season he’s been forced to play to keep us competitive for half a decade finally wore him down. I still think he’ll be back in vezina form next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The hate Price is getting right now is unbelievable, but not surprising when it comes to hab fans. This fanbase would turn on Beliveau if given half a chance. The contract is awful, as was his play this season, but this guy has carried a ****ty team for most of his career, hasnt he earned some leeway? Maybe the 70 games a season he’s been forced to play to keep us competitive for half a decade finally wore him down. I still think he’ll be back in vezina form next year.
So you are saying he is on the downside of his career? He needs to earn his paycheck. What he did in the past is commendable but his play last season was embarrassing. No slack. Perform or leave

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know why Waite felt the need to share the details of this intimate conversation he had with Price...especially now, what's the point?

season is long done...why the F is the goalie coach talking about private conversations he's had with his star pupil?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Look you don't need to care about Price's mental condition but if you have ****e views just keep them to yourself. The psychology of a person is nothing to mess with or joke around about IMO. I'm sure I have been guilty of it before too but it really isn't a good thing to joke about.

He's a bloody multi millionaire. If he has issues, he has MORE THAN ENOUGH resources to sort them out. He's just being a spoiled baby. I don't even get why he deserves so much respect; he's not even the best goalie in the league/has never and will likely never win a Cup and is the most over paid player in the league (no other player gets 10.5 Million for playing 55-60 games). The only time he won anything was because he was behind the best D unit this country has ever produced. Give me a freaking break.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I don't know why Waite felt the need to share the details of this intimate conversation he had with Price...especially now, what's the point?

season is long done...why the F is the goalie coach talking about private conversations he's had with his star pupil?

excellent point....and question.....it seems petty, its like Waite wants everybody to feel sorry for him :rolleyes:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Well the people wanted transparency.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
He's a bloody multi millionaire. If he has issues, he has MORE THAN ENOUGH resources to sort them out. He's just being a spoiled baby. I don't even get why he deserves so much respect; he's not even the best goalie in the league/has never and will likely never win a Cup and is the most over paid player in the league (no other player gets 10.5 Million for playing 55-60 games). The only time he won anything was because he was behind the best D unit this country has ever produced. Give me a freaking break.

:clap: :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad