Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Except the post you quoted said nothing about the past season. I was talking about the rangers series with Markov, Weber, Petry, Emelin all healthy. Granted the center line still sucked, but it was a very defensive series and I felt that we had the most and better scoring chances in that series even if they were too few. Put the '17 playoffs Price with the golden knights and they possibly don't get past the LAK this year. I'm confident they wouldn't have. But whatever... it is the past.

Fleury wasn’t the better goalie in that LA/LVG series, Quick was. He was the reason the series didn’t look like a complete steamroll, even tho they still got swept.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Maybe Waite got cues from the Habs new spin doctor. They're prepping us for Price's departure.

The writting is on the wall.

Bergevin throwing Price under the bus. The team's lack of 'attitude'. And now this.
It all seems very strange, why does Waite even mention this? As far as Price departing I think that Bergevin destroyed any chances of that happening all by himself.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And why should we? The guy is paid to perform, if he sucks he should understand the rage of the fans...

And why should he be treated like a luxury car/home?

Have you ever made a mistake in your job?

Do you like being blamed when the blame is a group thing?

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
And why should he be treated like a luxury car/home?

Have you ever made a mistake in your job?

Do you like being blamed when the blame is a group thing?

Maybe it's because he is the highest paid player on the team and supposed to be an all-world goalie who played miserably this season?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
all aspects ? seriously ? ALL aspects ?

no offense but come on now... whoever thinks that, need to get their head examined.

I don’t know why my post was deleted, but I really think the onus is on you to say why we shouldn’t care about the emotional states of professional arhletes.

Right now you are asking a provocative question and just shooting down everyones responces without providing any meaningful content of your own.

This is quite the weak rhetorical trick, and I hope nobody engages you until you provide a clear justification on why Price’s emotional state should be irrelevant to us fans.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don’t know why my post was deleted, but I really think the onus is on you to say why we shouldn’t care about the emotional states of professional arhletes.

Right now you are asking a provocative question and just shooting down everyones responces without providing any meaningful content of your own.

This is quite the weak rhetorical trick, and I hope nobody engages you until you provide a clear justification on why Price’s emotional state should be irrelevant to us fans.

Why?

The same reason I don't give a second thought to when the media publicize a child kidnapping.

If you empathize for these type of things, it means your empathy is not mitigated by a greater understanding of things. Simple facts: there's A LOT of nasty **** that happens to A LOT of people EVERYDAY. By the millions, daily. Rape, murder, violence and so on.

If you truly care, you'd want to dig deep and understand the root of the problem. Yet all those bleeding hearts are blind to those roots. A very thin margin cares enough to dig deep. And when you dig deep, the tears of a friggin millionaire don't add up to much.

Reactions: ECWHSWI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->