Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The rangers barely scored more goals than the habs and won 4-2. So whatever.

I mean, I'm not saying our offense didn't also suck.. but it was possible to win that series against the rangers with as many goals as we scored. Not if Lundqvist outplayed Price though. That just couldn't happen. Honestly it shouldn't happen.. not at both player's stages in their careers.

We had a bunch of plebs shouldn’t at Lundqvist but at the end of the day he was the better goalie. To say he was “way better” is a huge stretch. It may have been a defensive series, but Price gave them every opportunity to win. It would certainly be nice to see him have atleast one monstrous playoff series or run like Fleury where we win with that type of abysmal goal support, but its unrealistic to expect it. Im so sick of this 2-1 winning crap the organization is trying to sell to us. You don’t win cups that way. Maybe a series, but not cups.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Could not have said it any better.

WAYYYY better players with WAYY better accomplishments were booed a lot more than Price was... in Montreal and elsewhere.

And it's not like Price's career has been a steady stream of amazingness. Far from it. He's been incredibly inconsistent throughout his career, and never achieved anything in the playoffs.

Incredible how precious these snowflake players are today.

Im sure he had tears in his eyes when he signed that contract. Tears of joy because he far from deserved it. Only MB would sign him to that outrageous contract he didn't deserve. No goalie does. But then again look whos running the show. The same guy that thought DD was a true #1 Center. lol This management and now the players. LOL

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Price has been great for us, if not for him we would have sucked each year. But this year he was ****ing terrible. If you take goalies with at least 20 games played, he was 51st out of 56 in save % and 47th in the league in gaa. I could see someone like Lindgren doing that but a guy that just signed a 84M contract in the off-season and before it starts he goes from being one of the best goalies in the league to one of the worst. Of course fans are going to be pissed. Hopefully he rebounds and tells MB to go **** himself and requests a trade.

Thank you sir. I don't like defending a guy who doesn't deserve it. In this case Price doesn't, just as you said in your post I will defend his years with us but I have no problem calling a player out when they are bad. Price was bad this year, it can't be sugar coated, he was a bad goalie who let in bad goals didn't look like he tried half the time and lost us a lot of games. Let me re-phrase that because our offense lost us a lot of games as well - Price certainly did not give us a chance to win a a lot of games.

Reactions: montreal

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh boo friggin hoo

He can whipe those tears and his nose with a few k$.

Poor poor poor Price.

But but... he's a human being.

When my dog died, I cried but who gives a flying ****

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017

They like me, they really like me!

Seriously...

Edit: apparently, it’s “only 3% like me”

Edit: this is also me after the contract bozovin gave to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
He had a terrible year but he's carried this team on his back for so long. He will be fine. The rest of the team however I don't know about. I think we all appreciate how great Carey has been through his career but it doesn't give him carte blanche to shit the bed after signing a monsterous deal. He should have expected what he got with his play but I just chalk it up to a disaster season for everyone.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
LOL this is way off in my experience.

85 percent LOVE
10 percent dislike
5 percent indifferent

Yeah people who work Downtown in the corporate offices just casualy go with what the radio tells them. Those aren't your real fans.

The real fans, don't like Price or are indifferent at best. Guarantee.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price had a bad year, hopefully he bounces back. Bergevin is a complete fool for calling out and blaming Price like he did in his presser, and Waite shouldn't of said that about Carey, it makes them both look bad.

As far as Bergevin is concerned, it was predictable. Whether it was poor play this year, or injury and Subban in 2016, the man will always find a way to take heat off of his back. Molson won’t be so smiley if he pays Price $15 million this offseason and the team is still a train wreck. Only positive to come from this situation.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Was reading about Frank Mahovlich and a reported nervous breakdown he had, some détails at this link:

Great Left Wingers

Some players, possibly even most are sensitive to how they are viewed.

Price had to realize that the contract he signed last summer will leave him open to criticism if he does not perform at a high level.

The history of Habs goaltenders, which includes some of the best to ever play the position, is that they were either leaving town or retiring in their early 30`s.

Who knows what the future holds here but I will be surprised if Price is still a Hab in 8 years.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Oh boo friggin hoo

He can whipe those tears and his nose with a few k$.

Poor poor poor Price.

But but... he's a human being.

When my dog died, I cried but who gives a flying ****

This may be shocking for you but money isn't the solution to all problems. Money doesn't make a human not human. If you are a certain way and then you earn a big contract, it doesn't make you any less of who you are. This is the case for Price.

As for your dog, I give a flying ****, so my condolences to you.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
"real fans" what a joke

Anyone who goes around telling people they’re a “real fan” is kind of obnoxious honestly.

I mean, not accusing that of anyone but the logic of “You’re not a real fan like me and I HATE our star talent! Like any REAL fan would!”

That’s just special. Whoever these ppl are must be special.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Anyone who goes around telling people they’re a “real fan” is kind of obnoxious honestly.

I mean, not accusing that of anyone but the logic of “You’re not a real fan like me and I HATE our star talent! Like any REAL fan would!”

That’s just special. Whoever these ppl are must be special.

Jesus you're on a spree of great posts. I might end up liking them all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad