Stephane Waite on Carey Price “He had tears under his mask, he thought fans didn’t like him anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oh FFS, he's a freaking grown ass man playing in a performance-based only industry.
He thinks fans were against him? Euh...ya....because he ****ing sucked balls.

So he was touched by the ovation, ok man, that's cool. Totally fine. But I agree with ECW, it's pathetic for Waite to say this, like a Mom protecting her little baby boy.

Get healthy. Train. Come prepared and focused. Play hockey. Enough with the rest of this BS.

I don't agree with you on this one.

I'm mostly against the medias on this one, especially the french MSM which influence a large fan base with their bullshit. It's one thing to trash a player for bad performance and i'm all for it......but when there's talk about private life problem, stories of Price sleeping outside his marriage and his wife getting involve to stop the rumors that she's leaving him......that's where it could become really though for the player.

Just like the Galchenyuk's rehab story.

Destroy Price for a bad save if he deserve it, no problem and i'm sure most player can accept that but when the medias only talks about those BS stories, this is why some players don't want to come in.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't really feel sorry for him. He decided to take out his anger on reporters and the fans for the stupid rumours on social media. All I know is that he better deliver.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Did he not get a major ovation on the first game back from injury, in the closing games to the season?

A couple people commented it was when he passed plante for most games. (Thanks for the replies btw)

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Price has been great for us, if not for him we would have sucked each year. But this year he was ****ing terrible. If you take goalies with at least 20 games played, he was 51st out of 56 in save % and 47th in the league in gaa. I could see someone like Lindgren doing that but a guy that just signed a 84M contract in the off-season and before it starts he goes from being one of the best goalies in the league to one of the worst. Of course fans are going to be pissed. Hopefully he rebounds and tells MB to go **** himself and requests a trade.

That’s the thing, he’s been great individually and we were stuck in mediocrity. Without him we would’ve sucked and been better now than we are

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't agree with you on this one.

I'm mostly against the medias on this one, especially the french MSM which influence a large fan base with their bull****. It's one thing to trash a player for bad performance and i'm all for it......but when there's talk about private life problem, stories of Price sleeping outside his marriage and his wife getting involve to stop the rumors that she's leaving him......that's where it could become really though for the player.

Just like the Galchenyuk's rehab story.

Destroy Price for a bad save if he deserve it, no problem and i'm sure most player can accept that but when the medias only talks about those BS stories, this is why some players don't want to come in.
It's gossip man. They are in the public eye. Comes with the territory. If Price was making a 50K salary, minding his own business, then I'd get it.
Not his case, and if Mtl was too crazy for him, he didn't have to sign a deal for 80M+. Could have easily walked away.

I am not excusing the Press, they're absolute garbage. I'm sure it's annoying for Price, but I am not really focused on this.

I think it's lame that Waite has to come out and say how Price cried and he thinks everyone turned on him...Makes Price sound like an insecure teenager.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Oh FFS, he's a freaking grown ass man playing in a performance-based only industry.
He thinks fans were against him? Euh...ya....because he ****ing sucked balls.

So he was touched by the ovation, ok man, that's cool. Totally fine. But I agree with ECW, it's pathetic for Waite to say this, like a Mom protecting her little baby boy.

Get healthy. Train. Come prepared and focused. Play hockey. Enough with the rest of this BS.

Could not have said it any better.

WAYYYY better players with WAYY better accomplishments were booed a lot more than Price was... in Montreal and elsewhere.

And it's not like Price's career has been a steady stream of amazingness. Far from it. He's been incredibly inconsistent throughout his career, and never achieved anything in the playoffs.

Incredible how precious these snowflake players are today.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If he plays well we'll like him. If he doesn't we won't, not with that contract.

What's the big mystery?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Could not have said it any better.

WAYYYY better players with WAYY better accomplishments were booed a lot more than Price was... in Montreal and elsewhere.

And it's not like Price's career has been a steady stream of amazingness. Far from it. He's been incredibly inconsistent throughout his career, and never achieved anything in the playoffs.

Incredible how precious these snowflake players are today.
It's pathetic.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Lol and? Let's take one anomaly?

There have been plenty of other playoffs series with very few goals scored which resulted in wins for the teams scoring few goals. I have posted them before in similar arguments with other posters and I am not interested in rehashing this. But the point is that in a tight playoffs series... it'll be a goaltending battle. People blamed our offense against the rangers.. but I maintain that it was more of a 35 year old Lundqvist being way better than a 28-29 year old Price. Price lent credence to this when he talked about his fatigue syndrome last season and said that his fatigue syndrome went all the way back to the previous season. So ... yeah. He didn't feel right in the playoffs that year. And he didn't look right either, despite what his apologists will say on this forum.

Personally.. I have zero proof to back this up.. but this fatigue syndrome crap is more of a symptom of a player not working hard enough and hitting a wall in his late twenties.

In the same interview with Waite which sparked the creation of this thread he also said this regarding Price's preparation last summer :
« On a pris des choses pour acquises. Ça ne se répétera pas. On a des petits ajustements et on va les faire.»
« We took some things for granted. This won't happen again. We have some adjustments to make and we'll make them.»

It's what I've been saying for a long time. Price is one of the heaviest 6'3 goalies out there. It puts a strain on his knees, hips and tires him. Then he complains that he suffers from fatigue syndrome ? Please. Before we conclude it is a fatigue syndrome... can he get down to a normal playing weight for a 6'3 goalie ? Can we start with him working hard in the off season, taking care with his diet, etc. He has supreme talent, no one questions that. But I think his attitude blows. Who cares if 1% of the fan base hates him ? Like... toughen up...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Disagree with how aggressive some posters have been but this is something that Waite shouldn’t be talking about publicly at all. I’m sure Price was feeling like he lost the support of the fans after how awful the season was for him. Not to many Carey chants going this year and for obvious reasons. But Waite just unintentionally made Price look like a ***** with a comment like that. He’s a pro athlete and he plays in a pressure cooker like Montreal. Surely he knows after 10 years of playing here that you can go from hero to zero and zero to here fairly quick. Earn the respect back, don’t let it show that the negative fans are getting to you.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm confused. I mean, I get that price is human and I'm cool and supportive and all that...but you know...sometimes people don't like you. He should know majority adores him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
They scored 4 in all the games they lost. So damn close.

The rangers barely scored more goals than the habs and won 4-2. So whatever.

I mean, I'm not saying our offense didn't also suck.. but it was possible to win that series against the rangers with as many goals as we scored. Not if Lundqvist outplayed Price though. That just couldn't happen. Honestly it shouldn't happen.. not at both player's stages in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad