Stepane DaCosta Appreciation Thread

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
Da Bossta easily our best and most creative forward the last couple games. I just wish they would try him with Silfverberg to see if they can get Silf going. Da Costa is even more creative than Turris I would say.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Da Bossta easily our best and most creative forward the last couple games. I just wish they would try him with Silfverberg to see if they can get Silf going. Da Costa is even more creative than Turris I would say.

Yeah he is... Da Costa has awesome vision and puck skills.. Turris lacks creativity... His go-to play is cross the blue line and try a wrist ****... Usually into somebodys shin pads..

He cuts it as a #2... He isnt a #1

source

Jul 13, 2008
Disagree, and more likely...

Penner - DaCosta - Silfverberg

..if he makes it at all

That looks awful. Silfverberg is a disappointment right now, and Penner would not be much better than a healthy Latendresse.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Da Costa will never be as good as Turris..Never seen a fan base like ours..To be a top six forward you need to produce he hasnt..Its like Silf clearly even with a healthy squad he was not helping the team in a top 6 roll...I think Silf will eventually im hoping but im not high on Da Costa...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Da Costa will never be as good as Turris..Never seen a fan base like ours..To be a top six forward you need to produce he hasnt..Its like Silf clearly even with a healthy squad he was not helping the team in a top 6 roll...I think Silf will eventually im hoping but im not high on Da Costa...

You need to watch him more then.

He is the only player creating anything if he had any finishers he would be putting up points. The sens forwards couldnt put a puck in the ocean right now.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

he hasn't produced, but he has created chances up the wazoo. 'dem offensive tools are great and he has the i.q. to read the plays. he should have more points, but people aren't putting away his gifts. he's also not finishing on his chances, but really, who on the senators is?

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
You know, it's not Stephane Da Costa's fault his shooters haven't converted. When he feeds beautiful pancakes to Daniel Alfredsson and he hits the post, you can just toss that to dumb luck. The guy could have more points at this point, but to say he can't get there simply because he hasn't been on the scoresheet in a small sample of games is not fair. And yes, you can flip that argument on the believers... referring to small sample size argument. All this hustle is a result of a guy trying to earn a spot up on an NHL roster. Having said that, not many guys show this elite level of skill when being a call-up. He has. Thus, you're going to get people raving, especially, and I may make myself a target to a few out there, but the recent injuries to the team... there isn't much for this fan base to get excited about. Da Costa is giving every reason for this fab base to be excited. Not many guys can do things with the puck, like he can.. and that goes for players in the NHL. Does that mean he'll score 80-100 points per season? That I can't say, but I do believe he's here to stay, and I think he's cut himself a nice niche role for himself. Playmaking extraordinaire! Yes, it's a word!

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
The only criticism I had was basically all his shots were blocked be it through hesitation or bad shooting decisions. Otherwise he was are best player last night.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
I loved his physical play. Smacked Neon Dion into the end boards a few times. Just wondering how many hits he was credited with

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Let's just hope he doesn't get too down on himself considering he's probably the slickest forward on the team right now

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
You know, it's not Stephane Da Costa's fault his shooters haven't converted. When he feeds beautiful pancakes to Daniel Alfredsson and he hits the post, you can just toss that to dumb luck. The guy could have more points at this point, but to say he can't get there simply because he hasn't been on the scoresheet in a small sample of games is not fair. And yes, you can flip that argument on the believers... referring to small sample size argument. All this hustle is a result of a guy trying to earn a spot up on an NHL roster. Having said that, not many guys show this elite level of skill when being a call-up. He has. Thus, you're going to get people raving, especially, and I may make myself a target to a few out there, but the recent injuries to the team... there isn't much for this fan base to get excited about. Da Costa is giving every reason for this fab base to be excited. Not many guys can do things with the puck, like he can.. and that goes for players in the NHL. Does that mean he'll score 80-100 points per season? That I can't say, but I do believe he's here to stay, and I think he's cut himself a nice niche role for himself. Playmaking extraordinaire! Yes, it's a word!

DaCosta has had plenty of opportunities to finish himself and other than a fluke goal he just hasn't.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
one of our best forwards

to complain about his play of all the players is pretty dumb imo

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I love when a prospect comes up, is great, and then you get a guy like holdurbreathe shooting out negatives about his play.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's been okay, while he has made a few nice plays he has one goal & no assists in six games & getting pts is what he is suppose to be good at. He seems to get his pts in the AHL as Locke used to but not so much so far in the NHL. I remain optomistic but I won't be holding my breath, my guess is he will be back in Bingo when Regin comes back.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's been okay, while he has made a few nice plays he has one goal & no assists in six games & getting pts is what he is suppose to be good at. He seems to get his pts in the AHL as Locke used to but not so much so far in the NHL. I remain optomistic but I won't be holding my breath, my guess is he will be back in Bingo when Regin comes back.

Getting points as a playmaker relies on your teammates to actually convert on the multitude of chances you create. It's the same reason that Spezza isn't an 100 point forward right now, too. This team has major troubles finishing. You can see it even when our best players are in the line-up. Michalek is a mediocre finisher and Alfredsson has lost his touch big time.

This team needs finishers more than anything else out there. I'd really like to see O'Reilly brought in so that Turris could be converted to the wing because I think he has some serious potential as a finisher (so do Zibanejad and Silfverberg down the road if they can reach their potential). It's also why Perry would be phenomenal for this team.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Getting points as a playmaker relies on your teammates to actually convert on the multitude of chances you create. It's the same reason that Spezza isn't an 100 point forward right now, too. This team has major troubles finishing. You can see it even when our best players are in the line-up. Michalek is a mediocre finisher and Alfredsson has lost his touch big time.

This team needs finishers more than anything else out there. I'd really like to see O'Reilly brought in so that Turris could be converted to the wing because I think he has some serious potential as a finisher (so do Zibanejad and Silfverberg down the road if they can reach their potential). It's also why Perry would be phenomenal for this team.

Yea, I don't buy that & I don't like to hear excuses why players can't do more. Spezza has had plenty of very good wingers, maybe he just isn't as good as so many here think he is. How many times has he had 100 pts? I believe only when Heatley/Alfredsson was on his line, so it's more like he needs fifty goal wingers, which there are very few.

Same for Da Costa, it would be great to get better wingers but rather than use that as an excuse as Nike says he should JUST DO IT himself. Results matter & my guess Da Costa is closer to Locke than Spezza, at the least Spezza has size, strength & leverage.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yea, I don't buy that & I don't like to hear excuses why players can't do more. Spezza has had plenty of very good wingers, maybe he just isn't as good as so many here think he is. How many times has he had 100 pts? I believe only when Heatley/Alfredsson was on his line, so it's more like he needs fifty goal wingers, which there are very few.

Same for Da Costa, it would be great to get better wingers but rather than use that as an excuse as Nike says he should JUST DO IT himself. Results matter & my guess Da Costa is closer to Locke than Spezza, at the least Spezza has size, strength & leverage.

How many players in the league put up 100 points without also having elite players playing with them? That's silly. Also Da Costa has shown quite a bite of strength and leverage over the last few games without needing great size. He has a very strong base. It's like Crosby...Crosby is not a huge guy but his lower body strength and base are incredible which allows him to play stronger on the puck than one would expect for his size.

Anyway...there is still a lot of time to see what happens.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
lol at people saying negatives about da costa. we've scored nine in eight games, whie he has looked outstanding. people aren't finishing on his plays, but he's not finishing either, NO ONE IS. not his fault. he is not like locke, locke had no wheels, da costa does. locke never looked as good as da costa has on this call-up and at times last season in a single game or shift he played in the nhl. da costa's points will come. da costa is in no way one dimensional offensively. he'll go to the dirty areas, shoot, dangle, or pass. it's only a matter of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad