Stepane DaCosta Appreciation Thread

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Wow. I never, ever thought I'd be the one to do this, but after tonight's game, I think it's warranted. I thought he was excellent tonight, clearly one of our best forwards. He's come a long way. He's showing a real ability to dart into dangerous areas, but unlike last year where he was largely content to dart around the outside making the very occasional play or pass with his hands, he's showing a MUCH greater desire to drive to the net, forecheck, and even be physical. He really has a long stick. He flicks it out there to poke pucks free, but I'd like to see him use it a little bit less defensively on those few times (this year) when he stops moving his feet defensively. And as a bonus, he's one of the only guys winning draws for us too.

Wow. I have been very impressed the past two games. We desperately, desperately need guys to step up and generate, and credit to DaCosta, he really appears to be trying to do that. Very encouraging.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
people watching the bingo games knew he was ready for the big league. thanks for those streams, main :yo:

liked da costa since i saw him in that little prospects tourney we usually have against the other teams. i thought he played well last year, but could see he wasn't quite ready. watching him play in the ahl this year, people could see he was too good for that league. with his added willingness to play physical, and his improved faceoffs, he could slot into that 3c roll on a third scoring line next year. i was worried with our center depth we wouldn't give da costa a fair look and we'd end up trading him for less than he's worth or even worse, let him go for nothing. injuries have given him a chance to shine, and he's playing great.

trade spezza

Emerica

May 29, 2010
What's with the appreciation threads lately? Might aswell make one for Gryba, Grant and Dziuruskmdsmsky now that they've played a game in the NHL.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
nothing wrong with being appreciative, is there?

Absolutely not. But what has he done to merit an appreciation thread exactly? Like I said, if all it takes to get an appreciation thread is that then why not start an appreciation thread for Silfverberg, Zibby, Wiercioch, etc..

Appreciation thread are earned. Those things are precious.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Absolutely not. But what has he done to merit an appreciation thread exactly? Like I said, if all it takes to get an appreciation thread is that then why not start an appreciation thread for Silfverberg, Zibby, Wiercioch, etc..

Appreciation thread are earned. Those things are precious.

he's kinda looked better than all of those players you mentioned

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Da Costa has looked like our best forward for 3 straight games. The guy is legit. Give him a chance with some decent offensive players and not on this dry team and he could easily be a PPG player right now. Alfredsson seems snakebitten over that stretch, too. SDC has been making some very, very nice plays.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Been praising him since his College days. He literally has the potential to be an elite player in this league but 2nd line C is much more conservative. This is the type of players where you can say, "They sky is the limit."

His shot is just as lethal as his playmaking ability. He has outstanding dangling ability and vision as well as defensive awareness, speed and grit! He layed out Phaneuf today and destroyed some other guy last game.

Hopefully he continues to thrive.

source

Jul 13, 2008
He is so close to being really awesome. I think he just needs more NHL experience, which he will be getting for sure.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He is so close to being really awesome. I think he just needs more NHL experience, which he will be getting for sure.

No doubt that, from how he's played so far up here, that he'll be here the rest of the year. I can't see us sending him back to Bingo, unless his game regresses big time.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This guy wants it bad, I love the urgency and tempo of his game. If I had to compare him to someone in the NHL, it would be Giroux (albeit a poor mans version).

If Dacosta can finish the season with the same fire he's started with, he's got a very, very good shot of moving up to #3 on the depth chart next year (while at full strength).

Buh bye Regin, too bad it didnt work out for you on this side of the Atlantic bud. Now what to do with Smith and OB, not too sure about that yet because their also both keepers imo, just not nearly as talented as Dacosta.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This guy wants it bad, I love the urgency and tempo of his game. If I had to compare him to someone in the NHL, it would be Giroux (albeit a poor mans version).

If Dacosta can finish the season with the same fire he's started with, he's got a very, very good shot of moving up to #3 on the depth chart next year (while at full strength).

Buh bye Regin, too bad it didnt work out for you on this side of the Atlantic bud. Now what to do with Smith and OB, not too sure about that yet because their also both keepers imo, just not nearly as talented as Dacosta.

Yeah... I have to somewhat agree: Regin was looking like a good player for a while before this year, and I still think he's an NHL player (and will catch on somewhere else in the league if we don't retain him), but Da Costa just passed him on the depth chart, assuming the past 5 games hasn't been Da Costa simply catching lightning in a bottle.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You spelled Da Bossta wrong...

The guy has elite play vision and reDQlessly good playmaking ability. His physicality and speed has really surprised me.

Danny Briere.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Absolutely perfect year to break him in, along with Zibby, Weircoich, and Silfverberg. If there's any silver lining to this disaster of a season, this would be it.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I don't care what line he plays on, but he needs to play with skilled wingers.

Drouin-Da Costa-Michalek

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I appreciate him. I will appreciate him more once he starts to produce...

Love his skill... He has IT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad