Trade: Stefon Diggs, 2025 5th and 2025 6th to the Texans for 2025 2nd (Minnesota)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hope Diggs’ ego can handle being #2 to Nico. But there’s no doubt the Texans look freaking great on paper.

Don’t blame the Bills for moving on and I think a second rounder even with the added picks going to Houston is perfectly fine trade compensation. They will draft a receiver and I think Allen will still get guys to be productive. That said, the dead money just shows more blowback from some financial decisions over the past year or two.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This trade feels a bit like the Bills making a bad deal just to be rid of a headache.

Maybe on a fresh team Diggs won't be a headache for a while. But with how Stroud smartly spreads the ball around, it will be fun to watch Diggs react to not having the ball forced his way to feed his need for touches. When his target numbers are half what they were in Buffalo, is Diggs going to remain cool?

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Wonder if Beane isn't going to aggressively trade up for a WR now. Sounds like a couple of teams within the top 10 aren't furled about moving back.

RIP Stroud though. 2nd year QB about to get harassed by a headcase.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hope Diggs’ ego can handle being #2 to Nico. But there’s no doubt the Texans look freaking great on paper.

Don’t blame the Bills for moving on and I think a second rounder even with the added picks going to Houston is perfectly fine trade compensation. They will draft a receiver and I think Allen will still get guys to be productive. That said, the dead money just shows more blowback from some financial decisions over the past year or two.
Every team has dead money. Even the good ones like SF and PHI last season had like $30 mill in dead money. Think KC was under $10 mill and Cincy was very low at like $4 mill or less. It's those big deals that you restructure to lower the cap charges that will eventually catch up to you when you move off the player.

Cousins, leaves Minny with $28.5 mill in dead money. Dak, would leave Dallas if he plays out his final year with over $40 mill in dead money.

Restructuring, for the most part, means that the player has agreed to classify part of their base salary as some type of bonus that can be spread over multiple seasons. Still get their money that they originally agreed to when they signed the contract.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Bills trading for Higgins or JJ. Have to be.

Texans' offense is ridiculous now.

Nico Collins
Stefon Diggs
Tank Dell
Dalton Schultz
Joe Mixon

All as pass-catching options for Stroud.

What an exciting time to be a Texans' fan
Crzy that Noah Brown and Robert Woods are your 4th and 5th receivers. If Metchie can return to health and be the guy he was expected to it could be the best corp in football.

Reactions: LT

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bills WR group looks pretty poor now, they need to draft multiple WR's at this point.

I understand why they probably did this (Diggs is diva and not as good as he was a few years ago) but he still had nearly 1,200 yards + 8 TD's and was by far still most dangerous non-Allen part of offense

Bills D is ? so this adds to issues for team, the window even with Allen in place may be closing

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wonder if Beane isn't going to aggressively trade up for a WR now. Sounds like a couple of teams within the top 10 aren't furled about moving back.

Bills dont have assets to move into top 10 IMO unless they go nuts and mortgage several future 1st round picks in deal

Picking at #28 and #60 this year (With rest of picks late 4th thru end of draft) and then next year they have 1st + Bills and Vikes 2nd rounders

To me they would have to give up a lot of futures to get into top 10 and have chance at one of the big name WR's

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He seems to have slowed down but I still like it for the Texans to add another weapon. I also wonder how much of his drop off in play is due to him just not wanting to play for the Bills.

This has been brewing since last year's playoffs. They tried to play it off in the offseason and all season long but it was inevitable. It was clear Diggs didn't want to be there anymore and he was going to take it to a point where the Bills didn't want to deal with him anymore.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
BEFORE JUNE 1ST????????????????

Ohhhhhhk?
so what a $36 million dead cap hit
It's a trade. Bills are on the hook for any remaining SB or restructures that they did in prior years that has not yet hit their cap.

His 2024 base salary became guaranteed like 2 weeks ago. That transfers to Houston.

For the Texans, it's a 1 year contract then each year is an option year basically. For 2025, $3.5 mill of the base salary becomes guaranteed in March 2025. So, they can walk away after 1 year without any dead cap or he's on their books next season at $19 mill.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Loading up weapons for Stroud, love to see it. Diggs is an excellent piece for him. Great hands and a legit playmaker. Sure, he's slowing down, but they didn't have to break the bank to get him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’m stunned they kept Von Miller, guy has clearly lost some step after injuries.

Guy is going to the HOF, ain’t the same anymore

Yep just not a difference maker

& just other older/declining players in ket positions

Now they need to rebuild the Wr room as well

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m stunned they kept Von Miller, guy has clearly lost some step after injuries.

Guy is going to the HOF, ain’t the same anymore
He’s costing them $8.8 mill in real money and a $15 mill cap hit. Dead cap would be $24 mill to eat if cut. Would be a $15 mill dead cap next off season if cut.

So they basically said for $9 mill cash probably can’t do any better in free agency for a DE.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Unbelievable. A team already with holes at their biggest position of need trades away their one reliable reciever. Yes, I'm aware that he fell off hard in the 2nd half last year but wtf

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad