Confirmed with Link: Steen signs for 3 years at 17.4 million

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Just so some of you know signing steen to a 5.8 mill contract isn't only for his points.

The guy wins so many 50/50 battles. He's one of the hardest backcheckers on the team. Is underrated around the league in our own zone and does all the little things right that help u WIN hockey games. So yes, 5.8 may seem like alot for him which obviously it is. It's not like were going carolina hurricanes (semin) and paying a ton of money for a one dimensional player. Steen is a guy that SCORES GOALS. especially in the playoffs, and his all around play and versatility as a winger and center is a huge help to this team. so that's why hes making 5.8 now.

Seriously, do u guys really not trust Army by now?
Pretty sure everyone knows what Steen does by now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh, I don't know where you are looking then. At least on here Steen is loved. And everywhere else that I've seen.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
this. although people were saying he would cost 6-7 million a year for 8 years after his hot start. so I'm happy with the cap hit. and Steen has really just elevated his game since the playoffs last year and I'm not convinced his start was just a hot streak, I think it was a hot streak on top of his improvement.

His game is BETTER than it was when he was scoring just 50 points. Also, with the current success, together with Backes and Oshie, I think that line will stay together over those 3 years. That will mean continued growing chemistry between them, and continuing good production. I see him scoring 40+ goals this season, and NOT dropping back to the mid 20s for the 3 following seasons.

I see him dropping into the 29-36 goal 65-70 point range, scoring less goals, but more assists on Oshie's and Backes' increase in goal scoring. He hasn't suddenly developed a better shot. He and his linemates have learned to play in Hitch's system, and are getting more and more comfortable in it, and also learning each other's moves and tendencies.

They were bound to get better. He's a bargain at this price, at the height of his prime, given all that he does for The Blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad