OT: Stauffer: Which Canadian Team Do You DISLIKE The Most?

Which Canadian Team Do You DISLIKE The Most?

• Total voters

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Used to be the Flames but I don't really hate their players anymore. Tkachuk is a puke but you know we'd love him on the a Oilers. Gudreau is sick, love watching him play.

The media is making me resent the Leafs more than any other team

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
The first place chokers from down South. HATE them with a passion. Lots of dirty whiney POS's on their team. So many players I despise. From the midget who dives and whines a million times a game to his p**** quite soft budd "MONNAYYY" to that dirtbag POS gutless Tkachuk. Oh yeah. Mister Bean wreckless garbage Markk KNEEEORDANOOO

Oh yeah. SAMMM BENNETTTTT. Bust pos and Backlund

Reactions: Uindicator

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
I feel irrational hate for the Canucks. Always. I would root for any team above them.

I'm not sure why. I just find everyone associated with Canucks is pedo-creepy.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
How can it not be the flames , I just wanna be beat the leafs in game simple . I wanna beat , smash , pulverize, embarrass etc etc the flames, I hate them to the core.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
When I was growing up, it was definitely the Flames.

But as I grew older and older, and now live out East (In Montreal), many of my closest friends are from Calgary, and even though I dislike their team, most of their fans i know IRL are decent and knowledgable hockey fans.

Toronto fans on the other hand are obnoxious dickwads who are arrogant, stupid, and firmly believe their team is God's team of destiny, and are shocked when we don't agree the league needs to bend the rules to ensure they win the cup every year.

Here in Montreal, I wear my Oilers jersey with pride at the local games, and act with dignity when we win, and accept a bit of razzing when we lose.

Not Toronto Fans.

Nope, they win here they're acting like Puddy, screaming "LEAFS RULE!! BEST TEAM EVER" getting into fights with people, and just being unbearable douchebags. Even if their team loses, they're starting shit flipping everyone off, and refusing to accept the minor razzings, getting all aggro and in everyone's faces.

Also shocked at how little they know about hockey or even their own team.

If you hear a statement like this:

"The Oilers should do these guys a favour and trade us McDavid and Draisaitl "

...AND sincerely mean it. You can bet 100% certain its a Leaf fan. I'm not even sure the average Leaf fan understands there is a salary cap. And once they DO realise there is one, they think its stupid and unfair for their team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fmrnuckfan95

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Flames by a landslide. The Leafs? Not that big of a deal, they have done nothing for ages but I admire their GM so far for squeezing out of tough spots.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Most hated probably canucks followed very closely by leafs and flames.

Sens use to be my team from the east but that went to he'll in a hand basket.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
The canucks will always be the worst. The diving the bragging, the insulting of Edmonton, and the rioting

Truly a fan base lower then dirt.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I was born in 2000, so I’ve never really experienced a flames rivalry. I dislike them but I still respect them I can’t say the same for the leafs. I despise everything about them, their entitled fans, the idiotic media, even the city most people there are just plain rude.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
Anyone hear Stauffer initiate “cap flexibility narrative” this week and holland was like no we will be Nestled pretty tightly against the cap. Lol

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Flames and it ain't close either. I also have a healthy dislike for the city too. I trucked in n delivered to a place to unload just off the Blackfoot and it reminded me why I hate going there lol. Way less truck friendly then Edmonton, even in the commercial/industrial areas

My favorite view of the city this afternoon was the view in my rear view mirror

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Lefas media hypes them up.

Flames are have the most annoying players there are.

Midget - Shakes his hand 1000 times a game and never gets a penalty for yelling at a ref. Little bi*** IMO

Tkachuk - Dirty mother Fin pOS. Instigator rule saves his a**. He is a pure RAT. Lapierre style. He knows what he is doing. Too much money involved. A guy needs to literally stretcher his a** off of the ice. That would require a predetermined agreement between the players that would cover the fine. It won't happen. Too many ball less players in todays NHL. Need a Messier elbow right to his skull.

Same with Kneeordano. Need a Bure elboe right to the temple. Once again, that is too much $$ now. It is not worth it.

These pu*** a** players will never get some reality into them unless somebody goes Kassian on them.

It will never happen unless there is some personal issue on the ice. Maybe wife related for a guy TO GO OFF and not worry.

NHL is like the NBA now. Gutless soft fairys compared to the the 90's

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
On top of that. manI cannot listen to Stauffer. I used to. I get it, he is a mouth piece. It is his job. Horrible radio. HORRIBLE. I don't blame him. I would go for the money.

He says things that make me cringe. He forces narratives onto guests. "Uhhh You gotta admit, Connor and Drai are the best Duo in the NHL and people would love to play with them right?"

Nevermind how badly we have been run. Just forces sh** into guests mouths, especially when the opposing teams main PBY guy is in town. Just cringe worthy barf fluff.

I stopped listening to OilersNow at the start of last season. No podcasts nothing.

Vancouver, Montreal, TO all go way harder on their teams, even with the radio rights. It is absolutely embarrassing in Edmonton.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Calgary 1st although they'll be a little less hateable without Hathaway. They still have no shortage of cheap shot artists and d-bags though.

Toronto media and some of their fans take the cake though on that front.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
It’s straight up propaganda, for people who enjoy their NHL with a heavy dose of WWE.
That is a good comparison. It is fake wwe with some Oiler crap thrown in.

Man I never even watched much of the NBA. Never ever watched their talk show, etc. I started to with this raptors run.

God these guys DESTROY any NHL radio stuff I have heard. Not much bias. SO much entertainment.

Reactions: Supermassive

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This poll is straight up history fail.

Also evidence of how many people must be relatively new to the region.

There's simply no way you could be a longtime resident for decades hear and pick anything but Flames. Its Flames, Stampeders all day. Any Calgary sports team is despised in Edmonton and vice versa. I mean really that's as Alberta you get. Plus that people in Red Deer are confused somewhat but due to how douche bag Calgary is they tend to support Edmonton clubs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad