OT: Stauffer: Which Canadian Team Do You DISLIKE The Most?

Which Canadian Team Do You DISLIKE The Most?

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Most disliked- leafs
Most liked (besides the oil)- Jets
Fans I feel sorry for- Senators
Team I most enjoy beating- Flames
Team with the dumbest fans per capita- Canucks
Team I'm somewhat neutral about but wouldn't mind seeing a game live but not at full priced tickets- Habs

There's my list. A little boozy so it might not make sense.

I bet you this is the list for majority of Oiler fans (though some likely have Montreal as their second team or another despised team).

Reactions: Fmrnuckfan95

CageRage

Aug 15, 2009
Leafs and Flames. Not sure who I would want to win in a Leafs vs Flames final. Lets hope that never happens.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I love Alberta and have deep roots in the province. Have lived in both Calgary and Edmonton and love both. The funny thing is, while we point fingers at each other the rest of the country rips on us as a province, thinking of us as a bunch of backwater hicks regardless of what city you're from.
That being said I despise the flames and always will, it's the way I was raised, but I have a weird sort of appreciation for them. I would be bummed if they left Calgary. Whereas if the Leafs ever folded for some reason I would be over the moon. Their fans and the Canadian media are the worst for all the aforementioned reasons.
I hate both teams equally at this point and want them both to fail forever, but would honestly be more upset by a Leafs cup win.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I love Alberta and have deep roots in the province. Have lived in both Calgary and Edmonton and love both. The funny thing is, while we point fingers at each other the rest of the country rips on us as a province, thinking of us as a bunch of backwater hicks regardless of what city you're from.
That being said I despise the flames and always will, it's the way I was raised, but I have a weird sort of appreciation for them. I would be bummed if they left Calgary. Whereas if the Leafs ever folded for some reason I would be over the moon. Their fans and the Canadian media are the worst for all the aforementioned reasons.
I hate both teams equally at this point and want them both to fail forever, but would honestly be more upset by a Leafs cup win.

I'm at the point I don't want any Canadian team to win the cup until Edmonton pulls it off so they can be the "curse" breakers. That said, I probably wouldn't be too upset by a Winnipeg win after they lost their team the way they did.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Oct 15, 2008
The Oilers management. Can’t look any further than that. Genuinely have zero feelings for or against any other Canadian team.
Used to be the Lames, then it was the Car Burners, but now, sadly it is the Oilers, because of what Katz has done, or not done, and really just the way money has ruined pro sports in general right across the board.

Reactions: Supermassive

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
This poll is straight up history fail.

Also evidence of how many people must be relatively new to the region.

There's simply no way you could be a longtime resident for decades hear and pick anything but Flames. Its Flames, Stampeders all day. Any Calgary sports team is despised in Edmonton and vice versa. I mean really that's as Alberta you get. Plus that people in Red Deer are confused somewhat but due to how *****e bag Calgary is they tend to support Edmonton clubs.
It’s understandable though, it’s not like everybody who voted is from here. We also only play the leafs twice a year, rarely win, and get chanted out of our own arena by their fair-weather fans, who are among the most delusional and arrogant fans in sports.

I grew up in a very ABC household and initially I voted both, then I realized it’s actually not so much as hating the leafs as a team, but that I agree with what another poster had said; it has more to do with their awful fans and hating the Toronto media shoving their shitty overrated teams down our throats every year, portraying them as Canada’s team.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Flames, they have no high end generational talent and fluked their way into 2nd place due to biased reffing, sweetheart schedule and a weak division. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them on the outside looking in this year as outside one good season they have been brutal for over a decade. Can’t wait to continue the annual tradition of beating them in the first game, they have no answer for McDavid/Drai.

Reactions: TheRebuild

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s understandable though, it’s not like everybody who voted is from here. We also only play the leafs twice a year, rarely win, and get chanted out of our own arena by their fair-weather fans, who are among the most delusional and arrogant fans in sports.

I grew up in a very ABC household and initially I voted both, then I realized it’s actually not so much as hating the leafs as a team, but that I agree with what another poster had said; it has more to do with their awful fans and hating the Toronto media shoving their ****ty overrated teams down our throats every year, portraying them as Canada’s team.
ftr I was just being tongue and cheek. Everything you state is valid, I was just having some fun with the topic.

Reactions: The Hound

Noel May

Jun 20, 2018
Most disliked- Leafs (I despise the Eastern Bias and extra airtime) I understand the reasoning for it from a population of Canada standpoint but that doesn't mean I need to like it. They also just aren't a likeable team. Like a unsuccessful Yankees
Most liked (besides the oil)- Jets
Fans I feel sorry for- Senators (I am sure they would all put Oilers here)
Team I most enjoy beating- Leafs
Team with the dumbest fans: Every team has dumb fans. Have you ever heard of Kurt Leavins?
Favourite American team to cheer for: I was born after the 80's dynasty and have always liked the Flyers for some reason

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
This poll is straight up history fail.

Also evidence of how many people must be relatively new to the region.

There's simply no way you could be a longtime resident for decades hear and pick anything but Flames. Its Flames, Stampeders all day. Any Calgary sports team is despised in Edmonton and vice versa. I mean really that's as Alberta you get. Plus that people in Red Deer are confused somewhat but due to how *****e bag Calgary is they tend to support Edmonton clubs.
Been an Oilers fan since Day 1. Has to be Toronto right now. The media bias and fan base are the main reasons. Unlikeable players on their team being 2nd reason.

Maybe if there is ever a true Battle of Alberta again then the Flames will return as enemy #1 but they are not right now.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Flames. Dont hate the leafs team, it’s their fans and the biased overboard media. Nothing against the players. They work hard and have to play in the worst market in the league.

Reactions: Aerrol

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Thinking more on a team by team basis:

Montreal - Don't have much against them, but with all their cups in the past don't care to see them succeed.

Ottawa - Can't draw up any emotion at all for or against these guys but feel for their fans right now.

Toronto - On occasion I haven't minded the team and am impressed with their upper management the last few years (though trouble is on the horizon). However, I can never get behind this team because of the constant media pandering and the worst fan base in the NHL.

Winnipeg - Will support them as the fans have always supported them and losing their team was a terrible moment in hockey.

Calgary - Occasionally respect the team, and don't mind some fans, but get annoyed about how delusional the general fan base can be and how they carry themselves to be so much superior to Edmonton. Yet for all of their superiority, Edmonton has as many playoff round wins in the past 15 years (which has arguably been the worst 15 year run of a franchise in history) as they do in the past 30 years. As such, I generally hate them. Punk antics like Tkachuk recently have made it easier to hate them as much as I did when I was a kid.

Vancouver - The good fans are great, but man is that a bandwagon fanbase. Also, I have no respect for a fanbase who's greatest heroes tend to be guys like Cook, Brashear, Burrows, etc. Hopefully the class shown by the Sedins through their career make their fanbase strive to embrace better quality people/players.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Flames because ABC.

Leafs because of the media and their insufferable fan base. The way TSN and Sportsnet cover that team makes me sick.

A Flames-Leafs cup final would end my NHL fandom. I’d be done. Never watch another NHL game again. Either that or cheer hard for the comet racing towards the Saddledome ;)

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
You would think Stauffer would get in better shape hanging around athletes all the time and being on TV.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Can't imagine a spring that sees the Flames and Leafs for the Cup. I'd have to leave the country for a month, maybe to Sudan or something, in order to have no media updates. Ugh, I couldn't stand that exposure.

I'd have my dog crap on both of them. Equally.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Team - The Flames

Fans - The Canucks

It's not even because I live here. Canuck fans have been the worst ever since the Bertuzzi-Naslund days.

Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
You forgot to put the Oilers on the poll cuz these days they are the one I hate the most! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad