WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool - Volume V

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I select from Sweden, Goalie

200px-Felix_the_cat.svg.png

Dude, when it comes to the names of Swedish goalies, you have to be specific! We've had problems before! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dammit, there goes all the good goalies. This is why I wanted a late pick. Now I'm really Saad :(

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Need to go offline for a bit...but I think its my turn...I'll take Vehvilainen (G) for Finland. I was trying to find a pun or rhyme for him but I got nothing...rushing out the door...

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Remind me again, what's the SOP for this pool regarding selections that are released, cut, or injured prior to the tournament start -- SOL or can pick again at draft's end?

Last edited:

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Remind me again, what's the SOP for this pool regarding selections that aren't released, cut, or injured prior to the tournament start -- SOL or can pick again at draft's end?

Statsy can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that we get to pick again at the end in the order of the highest to lowest picks of players that were cut or injured.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
There was a lot of pressure for me to get my pick in and now the board has been silent for over an hour. C'mon gang let's liven this thang up!

It's getting a little chilly in Vancouver (-8 this morning) so I figured I'll share a Canadian Temperature conversion chart for you:

-1°

• New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
• Canadians have the last outdoor BBQ of the season.

-30°

• Hollywood disintegrates.
• Canadians order chinese food and watch hockey and movies all day.

-50°

• Mt. St. Helens freezes.
• Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-60°

• Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
• Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-70°

• Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
• Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-100°

• Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
• Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-120°

• Hell freezes over.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Something about picking Habs prospects concerns me but I'll take Mikhail Sergachev from Russia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad