WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool - Volume V

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Woo Hoo "dahling" for my final pick, I'll take John Dahlstrom, Sweden. If I had a Dahler for every one of these puns during this draft I'd be rich!

Looking forward to a great tournament everyone. I should be back on here again before the big day but if I don't MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Not bad at all. Now we'll just have to keep an eye out for player cuts and injuries.

Final Rosters are Due the 24th correct? So the cut off for replacing your cut or injured play would be before any games are played on the 26th (before 1pm est) right?

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Final Rosters are Due the 24th correct? So the cut off for replacing your cut or injured play would be before any games are played on the 26th (before 1pm est) right?

Might even be the 25th, but replace as soon as the need arises.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Might even be the 25th, but replace as soon as the need arises.

So first come first served? I thought where they were picked mattered in order? or is this only if there are multiple people that have to pick at the sameish time?

Alot of petty questions I know, but good to have an understanding.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
So first come first served? I thought where they were picked mattered in order? or is this only if there are multiple people that have to pick at the sameish time?

Alot of petty questions I know, but good to have an understanding.

Yes, you hit on the answer. Usually there are a bunch of players that go out during the draft, but it seems most teams are making their cuts later this year.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Teams that I like the most are probably Canada4Gold and Khabby. All-around great looking teams.

It is more and more looking that I will have to replace Zacha at some point.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Nah, not against that Latvia juggernaut and all their made up names, Canada will probably lose 6-1 :sarcasm:
Well, we did score 6 goals on you two years ago against your '97 and 98' born players (including Barzal, Dubois, Roy, Stephens, Chabot) at the U18 WJC. I don't see why we couldn't do that again.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Well, we did score 6 goals on you two years ago against your '97 and 98' born players (including Barzal, Dubois, Roy, Stephens, Chabot) at the U18 WJC. I don't see why we couldn't do that again.

Anything's possible. Still, I don't like your chances.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Chad Krys just got cut from USA, so I'll be replacing him with Gabriel Carlsson from Sweden.

And for the love of god, Tade, make your Zacha replacement! :laugh:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Anything's possible. Still, I don't like your chances.
Our chances to beat Canada have at least quadrupled from .5% in 2014 to 2% this year. :) But I wouldn't bet on us being shut out.

We have terrible depth, so you're going to beat us 99 out of 100 times, but you shouldn't mistake that for a complete lack of talent or skill on our team. Mind you, you are going to play against really good major junior/NCAA and some pro players half of the game.

The thing grinding my gears is that you assumed a player was bad based on his nationality. It's kind of dumb. Especially because f.e. Dzierkals is actually one of the more creative/skilled players in the Q, and he's going to enjoy plenty of 1st line minutes and PP time with team Latvia.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I wasn't taking a shot at the Latvian team, you have one of your best teams in a long time, I was more making a joke about mine and Statsy conversations in the pool I'm running where I picked Dzierkals and Cukste, and he had no idea who they were and jokingly said I must have just made those names up

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I wasn't taking a shot at the Latvian team, you have one of your best teams in a long time, I was more making a joke about mine and Statsy conversations in the pool I'm running where I picked Dzierkals and Cukste, and he had no idea who they were and jokingly said I must have just made those names up

And I was only making a joke. You need look no further than Anze Kopitar to see a real talent from a non-traditional hockey market. In other words, Namejs, don't sweat it, I have nothing against Latvians. As for them not getting shutout, that's up to them and Canada. It's worth noting, however, that we played six games in camp and pre-tournament and we had shutouts in four of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad