Statistical look at various defensemen (EDM/FA/trade targets)

HotToddy75

Jun 13, 2011
Thank you for putting into words what I see as common sense yet would never bother to even attempt to explain.

All stats are weak without context. Your methodology applies context to statics.

Maybe you have figured a way to add in quality of competition as well? Giving up a break away goal to Kane is significantly different than Horcoff.

Those charts IMO are only marginally better than plus minus if you didn't watch those games to add context. Even applying where shots are taken from only improves the picture generally speaking but at the same time could be completely misleading.

One element that is impossible to define is 'being in the right place for the wrong reason'. In other words, sometimes a player benefits from being unpredictable, or getting lucky being in the right place for the wrong reasons. For goalies and dmen its a killer.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Z-Y
Klefbom-X
Marincin-Fayne
Nurse

Z: Erhoff>Sekera>Martin
Y: Burns>Green>Byfuglien>Braun
X: Braun>Petry>Franson

2x2nds+3rd for Klein+Talbot

Try to acquire Burns with the 16th oa/2016 1st+Marincin+ if not the push for green in FA

Propose an Anderson+weircioch trade maybe

Erhoff-Burns
Klefbom-Fayne
Weircioch-Klein
Nurse

Anderson
Talbot

This is what I see as our dream outcome when applying context but I'd hope we could drop Nikitin and Ference some how..

Sekera is way better than Erhroff at playing defense. He's the exact type of Dman we need.

HotToddy75

Jun 13, 2011
Gregor's piece on landing Seabrook is great.

IMO, 7 years at $7.5m would be great. I'm not worried about over-paying him because the cap will likely rise.

To get Pronger it cost Brewer, Lynch and Woywitka. Not sure if CHI would take Jultz in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad