Apr 19, 2007
Denton, TX - UNT
www.twitter.com
Tornado now the Lone Star Brahmas

Brahmas-small-inside_1.jpg

tumblr_m6cowbBLK41rys4czo1_500.gif

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
I like the nautical star just thrown in back there.
Zoomed in, you can see how much more jpeg-y it is and that it was just thrown in post some google image search.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Opening round of the post season for Allen...

Allen Americans (3) vs. Brampton Beast (6)
Game 1 – Wed., Apr. 2 – Brampton at Allen, 7:05
Game 2 – Thu., Apr. 3 – Brampton at Allen, 6:05
Game 3 – Thu., Apr. 10 – Allen at Brampton, 7:00
Game 4 – Fri., Apr. 11 – Allen at Brampton, 7:30
*Game 5 – Sun., Apr. 13 – Allen at Brampton, 4:00
*Game 6 – Wed., Apr. 16 – Brampton at Allen, 7:05
*Game 7 – Thu., Apr. 17 – Brampton at Allen, 7:05

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Brampton had to be a bad idea out of desperation from the league. I've been to approximately 800 CHL games, but the last one was in 2005. Only teams left from that time are Tulsa and Wichita. At one time there were I think at least 12 Texas teams in that league! Now just Allen.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Not sure how exactly Brampton entered the fray this year, although I know they just lost their OHL team to North Bay. They were probably fishing for a new team for a while, I'm guessing.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Brampton had to be a bad idea out of desperation from the league. I've been to approximately 800 CHL games, but the last one was in 2005. Only teams left from that time are Tulsa and Wichita. At one time there were I think at least 12 Texas teams in that league! Now just Allen.

Don't think it was 12 :laugh:

Fort Worth, Laredo, Odessa, Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, RGV, Corpus...think that was it.

Have barely watched the league since the Bugs left. I know there's a ton of rumors of Allen trying to head to the ECHL next year.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX

Fort Worth, Laredo, Odessa, Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, RGV, Corpus...think that was it.

Have barely watched the league since the Bugs left. I know there's a ton of rumors of Allen trying to head to the ECHL next year.

San Angelo, El Paso, and San Antonio. Abilene if you go back to the WPHL days.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008

There was also San Antonio, El Paso, Dallas, and San Angelo. The high point would have been 2001-2005 when there where 9 teams located in Texas.

It would be nice if Allen could move to the ECHL. They have a nice arena and do well with attendance. Colorado made the jump to the ECHL back in 2011 and has done well. With Allen's ownership group, I don't think they'll have a problem succeeding in the ECHL.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Not all of these at the same time, but

FTW, Laredo, Odessa, RGV, Amarillo, Lubbock, Austin, Corpus, Texarkana, Belton, Waco, San Angelo, San Antonio, El Paso, Abilene, Dallas..I think that might be it. So at least 16 over the run of the WPHL/CHL.

I was in San Angelo and saw all but one of the games there over 8 seasons(97-05). Also watched games in Odessa, Lubbock, Amarillo, Austin, FTW, Laredo, Abilene, and Waco. Just a fun ass era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad