OT: State of Texas Hockey Thread

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Please do not talk about the NHL Dallas Stars, or the AHL Texas Stars in this thread. You may talk about the Texas Stars in this thread.

TEXAS HOCKEY
houstonaeros.png
sanantoniorampage.png
allenamericans.png
texasbrahmas.png
amarillobulls.png
corpuschristiicerays.png
odessajackalopes.png
texastornado.png
wichitafallswildcats.png

HOUSTON AEROS
Website
Founded: 1994
City: Houston, Texas
Leagues: International Hockey League (94-01), American Hockey League (01-Present)
Championships: 1998-99 Turner Cup (IHL), 2002-03 Calder Cup (AHL)
Finalist: 2010-11 Calder Cup Finalist (AHL)
Division Championships: 1998-99 Southwest Division (IHL), 2002-03 West Division (IHL)

SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE
Website
Founded: 2002
City: San Antonio, Texas
Leagues: American Hockey League (02-Present)
Championships: None
Finalist: None
Division Championships: None

ALLEN AMERICANS
Website
Founded: 2009
City: Allen, Texas
Leagues: Central Hockey League (09-Present)
Finalist: 2010 Ray Miron President's Cup Finalist (CHL)
Conference Championships: 2010 Berry Conference (AHL)

TEXAS BRAHMAS
Formerly known as the Fort Worth Brahams
Website
Founded: 1997
City: North Richland Hills, Texas
Leagues: Western Professional Hockey League (97-01), Central Hockey League (07-Present)
Championships: 2008-09 Ray Miron President's Cup (CHL)
Division Championships: 2007-08 Northeast Division (CHL), 2008-09 Southeast Division (CHL)
Did not play the 2006-2007 season.

AMARILLO BULLS
Website
Founded: 2010
City: Amarillo, Texas
Leagues: North American Hockey League (10-Current)

CORPUS CHRISTI ICERAYS
Website
Founded: 2010
City: Corpus Christi, Texas
Leagues: North American Hockey League (10-Current)

ODESSA JACKALOPES
Website
Founded: 2011
City: Odessa, Texas
Leagues: North American Hockey League (11-Current)

TEXAS TORNADO
Website
Founded: 1999
City: Frisco, Texas
Leagues: North American Hockey League (99-Current)
Championships: 2001 Robertson Cup (NAHL), 2004 Robertson Cup (NAHL), 2005 Robertson Cup (NAHL), 2006 Robertson Cup (NAHL), 2012 Robertson Cup (NAHL)
Division Championships: 2000 Central Division (NAHL), 2001 Central Division (NAHL), 2002 Central Division (NAHL), 2003 South Division (NAHL), 2004 South Division (NAHL), 2005 South Division (NAHL), 2006 South Division (NAHL)
Did not play the 2008-2009 season.

WICHITA FALLS WILDCATS
Formerly known as the Wichita Falls Rustlers
Website
Founded: 2002
City: Wichita Falls, Texas
Leagues: American West Hockey League (02-03), North American Hockey League (03-Current)

NCAA HOCKEY
The following colleges have ACHA ice hockey teams..
Division II: Baylor University, Dallas Baptist University, Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M University, Texas Christian University, Texas State University, University of North Texas, University of Texas, University of Texas-San Antonio
Division III: Texas Tech University

METROPLEX HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY LEAGUE
The following teams participate in the only high school hockey league in the state of Texas. Some schools have combined to form one team. Those teams will be highlighted in red.
East: Allen High, Denton City, Frisco High, Garland/Bishop Lynch, Highland Park High, McKinney High, Plano High, Plano East High, Plano West High, Prosper High, Richardson/Rockwall
West: Arlington High, Birdville High, Coppell High, Dallas Jesuit High, Flower Mound Marcus High, Grapevine/Colleyville, Keller High, Mansfield High, Midlothian High, Southlake Carroll High​

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just pro (CHL, Aeros, etc.)?

Or can we talk about like, the Midget AAA teams as well?

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
:yo:

I'll just copy my post from the other thread:

We've got playoff hockey right here in the metroplex. Allen Americans vs Texas Brahmas and then we've got the Texas Tornado going after the Robertson Cup (hosting that series as well).

I'm a big Tornado fan so I'll be going to a bunch of those games.

Also I think of all the players on the Tornado, Jack Prince actually could move past the NAHL. Guy is phenomenal, he's now set the record for assists in a season on the Tornado with 39 assists. He also has 39 goals, I'll have to look but I think he was close to also grabbing the record for points in a season. He's also 6'4" and he's actually pretty good defensively as well. Apparently his plan is to play Division I College then move on to Pro. He's 21 though so I don't think he can play with the Tornado after this season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:yo:

I'll just copy my post from the other thread:

We've got playoff hockey right here in the metroplex. Allen Americans vs Texas Brahmas and then we've got the Texas Tornado going after the Robertson Cup (hosting that series as well).

I'm a big Tornado fan so I'll be going to a bunch of those games.

Also I think of all the players on the Tornado, Jack Prince actually could move past the NAHL. Guy is phenomenal, he's now set the record for assists in a season on the Tornado with 39 assists. He also has 39 goals, I'll have to look but I think he was close to also grabbing the record for points in a season. He's also 6'4" and he's actually pretty good defensively as well. Apparently his plan is to play Division I College then move on to Pro.

One of those guys we risk a late round pick on?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What's the cutoff for draft age? He's 21 (I edited my post but you had already quoted me).

Oh, whoa. Nevermind. I thought the NAHL was U18.

Might be worth a FA signing, though. Doubt he'll be anywhere near any other team's radar.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Oh, whoa. Nevermind. I thought the NAHL was U18.

Might be worth a FA signing, though. Doubt he'll be anywhere near any other team's radar.

Nah it's 18-21 I believe.

Tornado also picked up a sick goalie from right here in Garland, Hunter Leisner. Would be pretty awesome to see him move up from here.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just curious, does anyone have Austin Smith's high school numbers or travel stats (I'm assuming he played AAA here)? I want to see how they match up with some of the kids I know up in Dallas.

ReverendAlBundy

Loungetown mortician
Feb 25, 2010
Fort Worth
Nah it's 18-21 I believe.

Tornado also picked up a sick goalie from right here in Garland, Hunter Liesner. Would be pretty awesome to see him move up from here.
It's juniors so it should be 16-20, with 21 being aloud as long as your birthday happens by the end of December.

ReverendAlBundy

Loungetown mortician
Feb 25, 2010
Fort Worth
Just curious, does anyone have Austin Smith's high school numbers or travel stats (I'm assuming he played AAA here)? I want to see how they match up with some of the kids I know up in Dallas.
Haven't looked it up, but I'm assuming he played his AAA in the elite teir 1 league. Most likely belle tire, little caesars, or compuware. Outside chance he played for Dallas stars AAA.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Believe he went to high school in Connecticut?

Whoa what?

I thought he was from Dallas...

Haven't looked it up, but I'm assuming he played his AAA in the elite teir 1 league. Most likely belle tire, little caesars, or compuware. Outside chance he played for Dallas stars AAA.

How exactly would he play for a team in Detroit?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
From Colgate profile...

Played for Fred Harbinson and Penticton Valley in the 2007-08 campaign, where he was a teammate of current Raider Alex Evin … Was a member of the Vees’ Fred Page Cup team (BCHL title team), which lost in the finals of the Doyle Cup … Posted 43 goals, 47 assists for 90 points in 75 games (including play-offs) … Finished third in the league in goals and 11th in points … Was named the MVP in the play-offs after posting 11 goals and 11 assists in 15 games … attended and graduated from the Gunnery School (NEPSL) in 2006.

The Gunnery is in Connecticut.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Whoa whoa wait.

Who was it that played HS hockey here in Dallas?

I'm so confused.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Okay. Maybe I just imagined that or something. My bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad