#StastnyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part III : Time to Synchronize Synergies!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sure in the real world but with how the media has been writing the whole ordeal and the hard line of 6 million it does matter if they went over it or not and just using a blanket "close" doesn't cut it. We know in hockey negotiations even being 500k apart is a huge gap to bridge.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Within a 1.0M from his earlier salary can be considered close in my book. Especially when we get up to these numbers. It's not like offering someone who just made 1.5M to go down to 600k.
I wouldn't consider 1.0 million close, especially when you think what he was getting offered on the market, and the fact that contract runs 5 or 6 years.

I'd be curious to see what Nashville and Toronto offered. Was there any report on this? I'm think like 7.5milx6 or something.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I wouldn't consider 1.0 million close, especially when you think what he was getting offered on the market, and the fact that contract runs 5 or 6 years.

I'd be curious to see what Nashville and Toronto offered. Was there any report on this? I'm think like 7.5milx6 or something.

i haven't seen anything. i'd like to know what team like NJ offered too. but stuff like that almost never gets out of NJ.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
In Dater's last mailbag he says the Avs got "close" to Stastny's previous salary but he doesn't know exactly how close, which is a departure from what he previously said about the 6/35. Anyone else catch that? Or do we think close and 6/35 mean the same thing?

There was a rumor floated out that the Avs went to 6/39, but I haven't found anything to substantiate it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Within a 1.0M from his earlier salary can be considered close in my book. Especially when we get up to these numbers. It's not like offering someone who just made 1.5M to go down to 600k.

I don't think $1M is that close. Think about it, that's one million dollars. The difference alone is worth a fortune to most of us.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
And that would be 1m times however many years too.

Exactly, that's what I kept saying when he signed. That's an enormous amount of money.

That's assuming Dater's original report was correct, which is probably 50/50 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia