#StastnyWatch - Summer of 2014 - Part III : Time to Synchronize Synergies!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Some team is going to be desperate enough to give Staz 7+ million I think.

Just give the man 6.5+ a NTC or whatever and lets get back to the real goal. Winning a GD cup.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Do we think that if a deal isn't done by today he's a goner? I honestly just want these two situations to be done with already. It's exhausting as a fan lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Do we think that if a deal isn't done by today he's a goner? I honestly just want these two situations to be done with already. It's exhausting as a fan lol

I don't, but I would say that if it isn't announced by early tomorrow morning (giving him a night to sleep on the final offer) he is gone. Though we could hear that both parties are moving on later today.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Some team is going to be desperate enough to give Staz 7+ million I think.

Just give the man 6.5+ a NTC or whatever and lets get back to the real goal. Winning a GD cup.

I think Stastny has had enough of his career spent on a terrible team. So unless St. Louis decides they'll pay him 7mil a year, we're still very much in this thing. If the Blues say they'll pay him 6.5mil, maybe the Avs come up to 6.25mil and he stays in Colorado?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's likely already a goner. I see a few teams making offers to him that the Avs can't justify in matching, 'salary structure' or not.

There is no point in talking then. While the Avs maybe haven't given their best and final offer it's obvious they won't be approaching 6.6 or beyond. He knows that, everyone knows that. If that was a nonnegotiable then there is no point in continuing to speak with the Avs.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I hope Stastny doesn't wait too long to make his decision and leave the Avs out to dry like that. If he leaves Avs need to find a replacement and the sooner they know the better. Unless Avs plan on adding the same pieces regardless of Stastny's decision, which I doubt.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
There is no point in talking then. While the Avs maybe haven't given their best and final offer it's obvious they won't be approaching 6.6 or beyond. He knows that, everyone knows that. If that was a nonnegotiable then there is no point in continuing to speak with the Avs.

No reason not to, both parties might hold out hope that the other side budges. I just don't think it happens.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
He's likely already a goner. I see a few teams making offers to him that the Avs can't justify in matching, 'salary structure' or not.

That is the one thing giving me optimism. They're still in talks with him at this point in the game. He knows what kind of offers he's looking at. I feel like if he was 100% a goner because he has a fat deal waiting for him in STL, this is something we'd be hearing. The fact that he is still talking gives a glimmer of hope.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'm to the point where I saw just screw it. Let him walk, as much as it sucks. We may be better off in the long run anyway with Mack at center and picking up another winger for him. Just focus on the D and O'Reilly.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wish we payed Duchene 6.5 million dollars instead. :laugh:

:laugh: Its sad but I kind of agree.

I like that the Avs are being pretty strict on this whole structure thing, and in the long run it could prove to be very good for us.

But I wish they would increase it even just slightly. Give Stastny $6.5M and use that as our new Cap. We should easily be able to sign all of our core guys at that number, and possibly even lock Mackinnon up long term at that number.

Why'd you have to be a nice guy and take a hometown discount Duchene!! Why!!!!! :laugh:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I think Stastny has had enough of his career spent on a terrible team. So unless St. Louis decides they'll pay him 7mil a year, we're still very much in this thing. If the Blues say they'll pay him 6.5mil, maybe the Avs come up to 6.25mil and he stays in Colorado?

I can see St. Louis giving him 7+. They are desperate for that last piece and maybe they think it is stastny.

I just hope we can come up with that extra .25+ we need. Please don't screw this up :(.

LaCarriere

I really think that it depends who the offers are from, and how much. I don't think if a non-competitive team comes along with 7 mill a year he takes it. I'm guessing he's itching for a chance at a cup after playing on a non-competitive Avs team for so long. Now he's on a team that's shown they can play and compete, so at least the Avs have that.

At this point it sounds like the Blues are the front runners, they have the cap space and are competitors, so they may be just crazy enough to offer him 7 or 7.5 to lure him away. They know he's giving the Avs a chance to match any contract, and I would presume/hope that he wouldn't leave over 250k-500k year, so if the Blues only offer 6.5 that may not be enough.

Avs would probably give in and go to 6.25 or even match 6.5, or offer an extra year, give him a NTC, or some performance bonuses. I think it really comes down to if the Blues are willing to overpay, and by how much, in order to steal him away from the Avs. I don't think he was quite worth his 6.6 on his last contract, so it depends if the Blues really want to go overboard and give him 7+.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Any team that pays Paul 7+ is gonna be sorely dissapointed...including if its us. I havent forgotten his Casper like dissapearing acts. Guys got a good thing going on in Denver theres no guarantee somewhere else.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Any team that pays Paul 7+ is gonna be sorely dissapointed...including if its us. I havent forgotten his Casper like dissapearing acts. Guys got a good thing going on in Denver theres no guarantee somewhere else.

Agreed. 6+ is overpayment and any team other than the avs that pays him that will eventually regret it.

I think he is worth 6+ for us due to his history with the team and all the other "intangibles" he brings here though.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Avs Or Bust! @DangerJonez21 · 2h
@PaulyWalnuts26 I'm a wuss but I'll (try to) take a punch from @PBordy if you resign with the Avs

Did I go overboard?

I went overboard

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
:laugh: Its sad but I kind of agree.

I like that the Avs are being pretty strict on this whole structure thing, and in the long run it could prove to be very good for us.

But I wish they would increase it even just slightly. Give Stastny $6.5M and use that as our new Cap. We should easily be able to sign all of our core guys at that number, and possibly even lock Mackinnon up long term at that number.

Why'd you have to be a nice guy and take a hometown discount Duchene!! Why!!!!! :laugh:

I'd be all right with this. Stastny is our longest-serving core player, he was by far our best player in the playoffs, he was our best defensive forward last year, and he brings veteran experience and leadership to this team. It's been said multiple times that he was the guy that Landeskog leaned on the most last year for leadership support.

For the record, I'd be all right with signing ROR to $6.5 millon/year long term as well. Cap is going to keep going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia